Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating with hands page 2

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Go to India. Everybody eats with their hands there. And for some reason, rather than easy-to-eat foods all their food is runny and messy. I eat with my hands all the time, especially when meat is still on the bone. But I'll usually eat the other things with a fork.
    Yeah, I have a friend who is from Pakistan and I remember one time his mother-in-law was visiting and she was eating her food with her hands, but they use the naan as well.

She sure can cook though. Wow!

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I feel like this too, a lot.

And if not my hands, then chopsticks perhaps, because I feel like grace would have utilized sticks as eating implements on occasion as well.

waterjen is offline Member
    Soup aside, if I'm at home alone, I eat nearly everything chunky with my hands. Except scrambled eggs, which has a wriggly texture that bothers me to touch. Sometimes I do use a fork and steak knife on my steaks, but only because the smaller bites make it last longer!

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    As long as it's not sticky. I can't abide sticky. I don't even eat bbq'd ribs because their sticky. There must be something wrong w me. Lol
    Ribs are meat with a handle! It's made for your hands. I agree, there must be something wrong with you

Credodisi is offline Senior Member
    My husband eats broccoli with his hands. Always. I've gotten used to it at this point. But my sister-in-law is NOT happy as now my niece is eating broccoli with her hands. I'm thinking.. at least she is eating broccoli!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    It is situational. Home with no guests, hanging with the best buds privately - yup, unless it is soup or something nearly impossible like that. I met a lady once who told me that her husband was raised to never use his hands - grapes, bananas, fried chicken, the works... all done with silverware. Wow. I would hate to have grown up in his household, just the idea gives me the shivers.

Yeah, you need to know how to use the silver, when to do so, and how to wash your hands afterwards, but otherwise - that is what hands are for!

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I actually really like to eat with my hands. I don't know why, but it's very satisfying. I don't ever do this in restaurants (unless it's an Ethiopian restaurant, where it's expected).

On the topic of weird eating habits, my husband has this hatred of spoons. Won't use them, even if it's clearly a better decision than a fork. He refuses to eat soup because it requires a spoon. WTF?

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    eating with hands is so primal. maintains dexterity of fingers.

in rural india everyone eats with hands. mothers/grandmothers also feed the little ones with hands.
    and in most cases, people sit cross legged on the floor while eating. a bit of ankle/knee/hip stretching even when eating. interestingly people who are used to sitting on a chair find it so challenging to eat this way.
    Few but ripe.

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    I actually really like to eat with my hands. I don't know why, but it's very satisfying. I don't ever do this in restaurants (unless it's an Ethiopian restaurant, where it's expected).

On the topic of weird eating habits, my husband has this hatred of spoons. Won't use them, even if it's clearly a better decision than a fork. He refuses to eat soup because it requires a spoon. WTF?
    Never heard of spoonphobia...

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I hate forks. I can't use them. For me, it's either chopsticks picking up small portions of pre-cut meat or whole fish, or hands for the stuff with lots of bones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast