Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swimming as primal exercise page 2

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    SwiMP3

Great mp3 for swimming

http://www.finisinc.com/swimp3/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    woohoo!!!!! i will see if i can get one here. it definitely has potential. i could even take up aqua jogging lol

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    i do side stroke. some times breast stroke. i am little too negative in the water to do front crawl comfortably.
    i usually do some muscle ups with the help of the buoyancy (hands on the poolside in the deep end and do a muscle up; great work out).
    Last edited by 70in2012; 10-13-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    Few but ripe.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I love sprinting in the shallow end; it really makes for cellulite-free legs.
    Now to convince DH to have solar panels installed to heat in winter.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I love swimming! I need to join a gym here that has a pool. In the summer I use my apartment's outdoor pool and my favorite is the lake! My parents live on a lake and there are tons of nice public lakes near me so I swim in those. Mostly I do the breast stroke. I do freestyle and back stroke also, but the constant turning of freestyle and the craning my neck to see behind me associate with those strokes can cause some issues with an old neck injury. I tried to do butterfly like I used to and I am pretty sure people were ready to jump in and save me as they thought I was drowning. Which is sad because that used to be my stroke. I find swimming really helps me loose weight and its easy on the joints.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

I love sprinting in the shallow end;
    do you mean you run in the shallow end? i used to think that was what aqua jogging was till i saw a bunch of people aqua jogging in the dive pool lol

i did a couple of pistol squats in water half way to my knee when i was there with the kids. i cant do them without holding onto something otherwise but just that small bit of a lever in the first 6 inches and they are doable.

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    If you are in the US check out US Master's Swimming: United States Masters Swimming; adult swimming for health, fitness and exercise. I train twice a week with a master's team, though in 8 years I have competed in a meet only three times. Swimming with a coach is definitely not boring! Our coach even taught me flip turns and butterfly. 25 yards makes an excellent sprint for someone slow like me. We do kick sprints with fins and also pull drills, which are wonderful for stretching out the deep abs that cause back pain if not stretched.

We swim in a community pool which has salt in the water and reduced chlorine. A big improvement over the university pool with traditional levels of chlorine.

We swim in a community pool which has salt in the water and reduced chlorine. A big improvement over the university pool with traditional levels of chlorine.
    i am not in the US but we have one of these here which is open summer time. i have seen ads for masters diving clubs so i will look for swimming.

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    I used to swim 1/2 a mile, nearly all-out, 3x a week... started as all breast stroke, evolved to include crawl & back (my butterfly lacks forward momentum, so I don't do it often)... I would also do 30+ diving block pull ups, lunge & squat jumps in the shallow end handstand pushups, walks & pirouettes.
    I use(d) the city pools (waaay too much chlorine, but the only place I can afford to swim in NYC)
    I bought a friends' ipod shuffle and a waterproof case +headphones (h2o audio makes a bunch of different products) that clips onto my goggles.

PrimalCon New York
    i have read that chlorine sits in your iodine receptors in your body so i always take some iodine when i go near chlorine or eat some seafood. i dont know if it really helps but it makes me feel better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12