Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is politics primal? page 3

Grok is offline Senior Member
    I bet this is how you would think of people if you lived sixty-thousand years ago...

People? I like people. I have sexy sexy time with people.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Politics on a national scale may not be primal but it draws on primal instincts to motivate voters. Fear is a great motivation. In national politics the goal is to get as many people to fear the other opposition. I'm always amazed at just how many people who call themselves Republican or Democrat have little knowledge of the ideologies....let alone who they are actually voting for.

case in point

And James Carville reiterates in the following quote
    James Carville Quotes (Author of We're Right, They're Wrong)

Ideologies aren't all that important. What's important is psychology.

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That's why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don't have a clue as to political reality.
    What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy.
    The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn't have a clue than there were Republicans.

Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you're smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That's why I'm a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to.”
    ― James Carville

But the problem that Carville is missing is that because there is so much money at stake in presidential elections the operatives efforts are to keep the voters vague on issues thus preventing a truly informed rational vote while emphasizing fear in the voter towards the opposition.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

DavidBrennan is offline Banned
    Caring what political pundits say is even less Primal than actual politics themselves are.

Seriously, somebody can stretch definitions and rationalize concepts to make anything sound primal. "Twinkies are primal! I mean, Grok loved sweet things, because sweet things meant fruits. Plus, food was scarce, so Grok ate everything edible. So Grok would love Twinkies, and therefore Twinkies are Primal!" See?

At some point, you gotta say, "No, this is not Primal, it's just a stupid modern addiction and it's a deviation from a healthy body and spirit." American pop politics is way, way past that point. (Or I can put it this way: the people on my Facebook page who post Fox News/MSNBC political crap? They're not the sort of dudes that Primal men would wanna emulate. They're unhealthy in body and servile in spirit.)

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Hmm the carville stuff is fake
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    How so? I searched for a source about the quote being fake and found nothing. Snopes had nothing
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Watched a rousing debate on TV tonight.
    Is politics primal?

No, they just badmouth one another. A warrior either says nothing or acts.

They should man-up and decide precedence with deadly weapons not girlish insults.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I believe the correct way to say it is "Are politics primal?"

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    I bet this is how you would think of people if you lived sixty-thousand years ago...

People? I like people. I have sexy sexy time with people.
    That's what a bonobo would have done. Not necessarily a human.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    That's what a bonobo would have done. Not necessarily a human.
    Perhaps, but I imagine there weren't very many people back in those days. I would think meeting another group of people would be a fairly uncommon event, and I'm not sure why they would automatically be aggressive against each other.

I think that tendency towards aggressiveness is a byproduct of the overpopulation created by the agricultural revolution and the rise of the city/state.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Perhaps, but I imagine there weren't very many people back in those days. I would think meeting another group of people would be a fairly uncommon event, and I'm not sure why they would automatically be aggressive against each other.

I think that tendency towards aggressiveness is a byproduct of the overpopulation created by the agricultural revolution and the rise of the city/state.
    Bull crap. Plenty of human tribes have been violent without agriculture. We are sometimes a violent species. No way around that.

The whole "sexuality" comparison to bonobos makes no sense. We are more like chimpanzees than bonobos.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast