View Poll Results: Would you eat a non primal meal under these circumstances?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 94.51%
  • No

5 5.49%
  • Unsure

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you eat this ONE non primal meal under these conditions? page

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member

Would you eat this ONE non primal meal under these conditions?

Primal Fuel
    All I am asking for is a yes or no answer in the poll I will make. You can add more if you want, of course.

I see my grandmother once a year. She is 96 years old, and still cooks. For about 40 years, she has made me the exact same meal when we get together.... homemade lasagna. Hers is the best! And I have enjoyed it every time I have ever eaten it.

Well, it is the time of year again, where we get together. And she wants to make lasagna.

There is absolutely no way I could turn her down on this. She thinks I "live" for this day.

So, under those circumstances would you eat a non primal meal?
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Your poll has too many options.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Yes, lasagna from grandma is the exception. Baked ziti also. Enjoy Grandma while you can. Its been 17 years and I still miss mine.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    I never pass on truly special meals - my mother has a few up her sleeve and I only visit her about once a year (we live in different countries), so I definitely plan to load up on the quark cookies, sour cream and black currant cake, and all her other specialties when I visit later this year. Some things are not worth passing on. Besides, really, we could wax poetic about how horrible wheat is for eternity, but reality is, unless you're a true celiac, one meal with wheat is not going to make you suddenly combust. People eat wheat daily and still live to 90+, so you're not gonna drop dead if you have some homemade lasagna.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    do you want to make gramma cry?

do you?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    do you want to make gramma cry?

do you?

LOL, all I can say is this will be "bad".... she makes the lasagna AND makes bread from scratch, which she will use to make garlic bread.

One weird thing she taught me - and she says this comes from her partial polish heritage - I ALWAYS eat a kosher pickle whenever I have anything with spaghetti sauce. And I LOVE it!
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I would have to say no. Wheat gives me splitting headaches (fortunately not migraines, but still not something I'd do for anyone!) I would explain that to her of course and ask if I could have a serving of the meat sauce and cheese. I would hope my grandma would understand and not want to put me through that (dunno, cos mine died before I could even see them)

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it's your grandma. One meal won't kill you.

I live the other side of the world from my mum, so when I get to eat her macaroni cheese, I eat it and I god damn enjoy it.
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I would make your grandma cry, but no, I'm violently intolerant. Of course I would explain this to her well before the fact, and gnash and wail about no longer being able to eat the lasagna, and maybe she could come up with something I could eat. If I weren't so intolerant I would.

*Oh, wait . . . If I could find a GF lasagna that didn't have corn in it either I would buy some and tell her that I feel really bad about not being able to eat the original but that I was certain I would love this just as much, since she made it for me.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    One weird thing she taught me - and she says this comes from her partial polish heritage - I ALWAYS eat a kosher pickle whenever I have anything with spaghetti sauce. And I LOVE it!
    You can't say no to Polish grandmas. Me and the BF visited his Polish grandma this summer, he hadn't seen her in twenty years. Needless to say, we had cake with breakfast everyday and more perogi than we could shake a stick at.
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast