View Poll Results: Would you eat a non primal meal under these circumstances?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 94.51%
  • No

5 5.49%
  • Unsure

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you eat this ONE non primal meal under these conditions? page 4

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Eat it, enjoy it and don't worry about it! Refusing the lasagna and dissapointing your grandma would probably make you feel worse than the lasagna itself!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Have to agree with many comments above - eat and enjoy unless you have serious issues with gluten ... plus show your appreciation for having such a wonderful and amazing grandma.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    NO. A thousand times NO.

Eat a BAS or whatever, and take a couple of large pieces of grandma's lasagna and place them in a container. Pack the container into a mailing box with dry ice, and send to Finnegans Wake, 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Harrisburg, PA. Tell grandma you're sending it to starving children or something.
    stick the garlic bread in an overnight package and send it to 1515 mockingbird, tn, tn

pls.

thank you.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Oh god I miss perogies. With all of the above + sour cream. I sometimes make sweet potato hash browns with bacon and onions and eat them with sour cream, but just not the same. I someone could come up with an acceptable substitute. There's an E. European deli nearby that taunts me.
    I miss my mama's perogies.

Nothing beats homemade.

I *did* make them once...for Christmas Eve dinner. They were fucking epic. Lots of worth, but absolutely worth it.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Credodisi is offline Senior Member
    Eat it! Report back..

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    All I am asking for is a yes or no answer in the poll I will make. You can add more if you want, of course.

I see my grandmother once a year. She is 96 years old, and still cooks. For about 40 years, she has made me the exact same meal when we get together.... homemade lasagna. Hers is the best! And I have enjoyed it every time I have ever eaten it.

Well, it is the time of year again, where we get together. And she wants to make lasagna.

There is absolutely no way I could turn her down on this. She thinks I "live" for this day.

So, under those circumstances would you eat a non primal meal?
    Absolutely! Part of living is enjoying moments like these...

Don't eat the entire pan; but gush over the food and tell her you LIVE for this day every year!

If anybody says 'no', they don't have a grandma that can cook.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Destroy that lasagna!
    One meal isn't going to mess you up that bad, and in a couple of days you'll be back to normal.
    She obviously loves to make it for you, and you love eating it, so enjoy it.
    She's 96, for God's sake, and still making lasagna from scratch???
    If you don't want it, P.M. me, and I'll fly over and eat it.
    You have the rest of your life to eat primal. And it's only one meal.
    I'd give anything to pig out on my late Grandmother's apple pie on Thanksgiving again, and see her smile as she watched me destroy it.
    If you bring a primal meal with you, you'll deny her one of the simple pleasures that she still has left in her life, and you'll feel like a dick when she passes.
    Sometimes you have to make an exception, and this is one of those times.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you're a horrible person for even asking this question. if's your 96 year old grandmother who you see once a year. if you can't figure this one out, i don't know what to tell ya...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234