Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do YOU celebrate the achievement of your weight loss goal? page

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member

How do YOU celebrate the achievement of your weight loss goal?

Hello, everyone. I'm interested in meaningful ways that you celebrate your weight loss milestones or even, your actual weigh loss goal. What happens when we step onto that scale, and magically the dial points to or lower than the number you have imagined yourself reaching?

And secondly, once you reach that milestone or final goal, what's next? What is your next goal and how do you determine what that next goal is?

I'm asking these questions because I'm 2lbs shy of my final goal and suddenly I feel like the deer in headlights -- what now? And how should I celebrate the past 3-1/4 months of working hard to arrive at this 'magical number'. What does it all mean? Am I happier here than I was 16lbs ago?

I'm interested in hearing from each of you and understanding how arriving at our goals really affect our emotional and spiritual happiness.

Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    I don't do anything myself, but I recall reading about a guy over on the NerdFitness site that would buy clothes a few sizes smaller than he was, so when he lost the inches, he could wear them.

I think this was the one here.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    It's just a number.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    I eat a big piece of cake and wash it down with chocolate milk....

Nah, just kidding
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I don't celebrate it at all.

My reasoning:

Because by not making a big deal of it, I won't be tempted to have a big cheat and throw things off and I will keep as best I can, on the straight and narrow.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I follow this lifestyle for health. There is no target per se, so nothing to celebrate. Of course there is the fantastic food and wonderful energetic feeling. It's like a celebration everyday
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    I buy something..usually clothes or shoes. It makes me feel even better knowing I have the body AND the style lol! Plus, it's better than rewarding with food....we are humans not dogs.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I don't do goals, but I do like my body more now and feel better about it (especially when I drop a size)

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your ideas, everyone!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I read about a woman who would buy herself a beautiful bouquet of flowers to keep in a vase in her house as a reward for reaching any goal.

Not saying you ought to get flowers, but just suggesting that it could be anything that 'does it' for you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast