Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do YOU celebrate the achievement of your weight loss goal? page 4

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I haven't ever taken creatine in my life. In fact I've never lifted weights every other day for 2 months in my entire life (as I have the past 2). When I hit my weight loss goal, I am going to start taking creatine. It's great motivation, can't wait!!

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    I said, hey just made 173...and then had sex with my wife.
    So, pretty much a normal day.
    Hey, baby, is that you? Oh wait, wrong location, lol.

My goal is my RMA (respectable middle aged) weight, not my LGN weight, though, DH insists I LGN already, God bless him.

I have my eye on a beaded, black, stretch lace cocktail dress. As I get closer to my goal, I am thinking 10-15 lbs beyond that is totally doable. Not sure when I'll buy the dress, I guess. But, meanwhile, every single day is a celebration. I am starting to fit into some of my 14yo DDs clothes. I catch my reflection in doors and windows and can't believe it's me. Most of my aches and pains have disappeared. I don't really need anything more.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Sex

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    I bought a pair of size 36" trousers. My goal is to be able to wear them to our daughter's at Christmas. Not too worried about weight as I'm doing strength training. It's "the look" in the mirror and a waist of 36" max that I'm after. Mind you, I reckon I've got at least 20 or so pounds of fat to get rid of yet but if I put on 25lbs of lean muscle, I won't complain about weighing a little more.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    To the O.P.;
    Congrats on reaching your goal.
    For me, my goal was to wear the same size clothes that I wore, and weigh the same as when I came out of Navy boot camp, 24 years ago, when I was in the best shape of my life. I kept my old uniforms when I got out, so I didn't have to guess.
    I did that, and my motivation is to stay at that same size.
    I didn't reward myself for doing so. Not that there's anything wrong with rewarding yourself, but my thought was that I simply got back to where I should have been all along.
    Now, the trick is to maintain that lifestyle, as opposed to slacking off and gaining it all back.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I celebrate with happy dances in my closet.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I don't have a goal weight in mind really, more so just looking to lose the belly and slim down elsewhere. But I reached a 10% weight loss today. I bought a food scale to use for baking so I can try some gluten free baking with my kids.

Once I am happy with my body I will buying a whole new wardrobe. But I'll need it, since I've lost almost 20lbs now and am thinking I have another 15-20 to go still.

Tom B-D is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I didn't really have a goal. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work for me. But it did. I don't know if I've reached my goal because I'm not sure what my goal should be..
    I can totally relate--I knew I wanted to get rid of the obvious fat, and feel stronger and more energetic so I could be more active with my kids. Did that mean 180lbs? 165? Who knows? The great thing is, I've lost that fat, feel great, and look better than ever, and at this point, I'm kind of hanging on to the good ride...we'll see where it goes!

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    The day I reached my weight loss goal, I started a Whole 30. I wanted to see how hard it would be to give up dairy and dark chocolate again.
    Ed W. Age:35 Height: 6'4"
    SW: 289 (1/1/12) CW: 195 (11/1/12) GW: < 200 (Hit 198 on 10/3/12) Now onto body comp.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    When I reach my next goal...not really weight but aesthetics. TATTOOS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234