Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do YOU celebrate the achievement of your weight loss goal? page 3

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphoric View Post
    I don't do anything myself, but I recall reading about a guy over on the NerdFitness site that would buy clothes a few sizes smaller than he was, so when he lost the inches, he could wear them.

I think this was the one here.
    this is what I do. and always shed a tear of happiness when I can fit into the clothes. Today I fit into a size 4 shirt and a week ago I was able to get to a size 6 pants and have been rocking all my new size 6 pant suits. I started primal on a size 10 pant size so yes, it might be "just a number" but I be damned if I don't celebrate it! . The day I comfitably fit into a size 2 top and a size 4 pants....umma buy all yall some cyber coffee! lol

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    I said, hey just made 173...and then had sex with my wife.
    So, pretty much a normal day.

gusAs is offline Junior Member
    Perfectly okay to celebrate, as long as the festivities don't include downing a pizza. I've been really good about staying close to my chosen path for the last 10 months, and I reward myself for doing so, just not with food. treatment for male impotence
    Last edited by gusAs; 10-20-2012 at 02:51 PM.

PaleoCowgirl is offline Senior Member
    Aside from buying news clothes, I buy things that will continue to help me support my paleo lifestyle -- a subscription to Paleo Magazine, a new kitchen tool (glass containers, stainless steel pot or pan, kitchen sheers), a new cookbook, etc. Or, I treat myself to a pedicure, massage or a new flavor of tea.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    It will take me a lot longer than 3 or 4 months to reach my goal, so I have time to think about it. I have lost 25 lbs so far, but have many more to go! I think I will go out and treat myself to a cute outfit, new hair style, or something like that. So far, losing the weight and feeling better has been enough in itself... no official celebration required.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    My first goal was to get back into 38 pants, which I am in. As my 40 pants started becoming loose, I reevaluated my goal to be strength related (unassiated pullup). To celebrate, I cooked a nice think porterhouse, finished it with Kerrygold and bought a nice, lightly used Mystery Ranch Crew Cab with the correct size belt and harness on it.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Great idea.... You know, I have not picked up my 120 lbs, need to do that.....
    Holy crap, sir. You lost the equivalent of me when I started.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Leida is offline Senior Member
    By working twice as hard to keep it from slipping away. The hard reality for me is that the achievements do not stick unless I fight tooth and nail and claw back at every ounce of fat climbing back on. It's like being a fly caught in a spider web. Fat always sticks to me, I am never free of its reach.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I didn't really have a goal. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work for me. But it did. I don't know if I've reached my goal because I'm not sure what my goal should be. I mean, I look pretty decent. My clothing size is pretty small. I'm healthy, I'm active. I would like to be smaller, for sure, so I guess I haven't reached a weight I'm 100% satisfied with, but on some level I am satisfied. About the only real goal I can name is that I would like to run this 50 mile ultramarathon we have locally, maybe next year, if I can get in. To be able to run that would be the ultimate prize to me. Otherwise, I celebrate usually by buying a few new clothes.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Karma is offline Senior Member
    I bought myself a stylish watch. I look at it several times every day and it reminds me of how far I have come and keeps me honest when I have the urge to sit on my ass, not work out or eat something I should not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast