Thread: Casein (cow's milk protein) and Cancer page

2ndChance is offline Senior Member

Casein (cow's milk protein) and Cancer

Primal Fuel
    Kathy Freston: A Cure For Cancer? Eating A Plant-Based Diet

Seems like this guy's jumping to conclusions... the argument "casein causes cancer therefore all animal protein causes cancer" doesn't fly in my book. Nevertheless, with a family history of several types of cancer, I will not be eating anymore casein.

I'll still keep my whey protein powder on hand for when I need to eat something quick and protein-rich... (at least, until I run out... I may not buy more after that). I don't know if it's in this article but I read human breastmilk is 60/40 whey to casein, cow's milk is 20/80 whey to casein... why are we all still drinking this stuff?!

There's nothing here about animal fat being inherently dangerous but I'm wary of the "organic" cream and butter around me, because while it's nice to know the cows didn't eat GMO corn, chances are they were still eating corn, and who knows whether they ever got outside...

It's amazing to me how everyone accepts the idea that drinking the milk from a poorly treated, poorly fed animal is okay. (Not only okay, but oftentimes people even tout it as healthy!) How many of you would drink breast milk from a 500-pound frequent Mickey D's customer? Probably no one. But so many of us refuse to wean ourselves off cow's milk...

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Ermahgerd, drinkingcow'smilkmakesmefeelgood!
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    it's simple!

youtube told me just this morning to eat apricot kernals to cure cancer!

so eat those when you drink milk
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    Kathy Freston: A Cure For Cancer? Eating A Plant-Based Diet

Seems like this guy's jumping to conclusions... the argument "casein causes cancer therefore all animal protein causes cancer" doesn't fly in my book. Nevertheless, with a family history of several types of cancer, I will not be eating anymore casein.

I'll still keep my whey protein powder on hand for when I need to eat something quick and protein-rich... (at least, until I run out... I may not buy more after that). I don't know if it's in this article but I read human breastmilk is 60/40 whey to casein, cow's milk is 20/80 whey to casein... why are we all still drinking this stuff?!

There's nothing here about animal fat being inherently dangerous but I'm wary of the "organic" cream and butter around me, because while it's nice to know the cows didn't eat GMO corn, chances are they were still eating corn, and who knows whether they ever got outside...

It's amazing to me how everyone accepts the idea that drinking the milk from a poorly treated, poorly fed animal is okay. (Not only okay, but oftentimes people even tout it as healthy!) How many of you would drink breast milk from a 500-pound frequent Mickey D's customer? Probably no one. But so many of us refuse to wean ourselves off cow's milk...
    Everyone??? Really...
    Hyperbole much?

Most, if not the VAST majority, here don't.

I drink raw milk from organic, pastured, grassfed cows that live on a small local farm... they are treated far better than many peoples 'pets'.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    We also only drink milk from a small farm, where all the cows are named. I dont' believe anyone should drink milk from the supermarket.

I'd drink milk from that mother, if she were my mother! (and I wasn't an adult YKWIM) Her milk would still be a very healthy start to life. (I didn't eat primal when breastfeeding but my children are so healthy, none have been to the doctor for illness related reasons since 2006. My eldest is only 13). In fact, it's so healthy, cancer patients actually drink it to help them with their healing as it is very gentle on their bodies and full of nutrition.