Thread: Research suggests that vegetables make us happy... page

Misti is offline Member

Research suggests that vegetables make us happy...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I came across an article that reports that eating fruits and vegetables makes us "happy".

This could well explain why going primal has such a positive impact on mood for so many of us. The young folks at the local food co-op are pretty sure my family are "vegetarian" because we buy a large share of their produce section every few days. Truth is,we eat more vegetables than most vegetarians...
    Misti
    Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
    ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
    Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    There's nothing wrong with eating fruit and vegetables. Particularly with meat.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    There's nothing wrong with eating fruit and vegetables. Particularly with meat.
    Had a pound of each for dinner ...Its almost like buying an instant meal when all you gotta do is throw a 16oz bag of veggies in with the pound of meat.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    What of all the folks who say that they notice improvements in mood when in ketosis, but then go on to say they maintain ketosis by eating an entirely, meat, offal, and eggs diet?

To me, that suggests another correlation.

But then again, there may actually be an ounce of truth with both theories.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps the happiness comes from not having as much room in your stomach for twinkies?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I think it has to do more with an overall increase in micronutrient contempt of your diet, whether the micronutrients come from offal or veggies doesn't matter. Your body recognizes the nutrients and says "this is good for me." Therefore, you get the nutrients you need, you feel better, and as a result, your body increases your mood in order to encourage you to continue doing what seems to be working for it.