Thread: Loose Skin page

TomD is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi Mark,

I just started the PB. I have the book and ordered the Master formula. I have over 100 lbs to lose. Can you give me some tips on how to minimize loose skin?

I also posted this in nutrition by mistake. Sorry

Thanks

Tom

RogerDeRok is offline Member

I'd kinda like to hear this as well. This is kinda one of those things I've been worried about with losing a lot of weight. I've lost 80+ and still wanna lose another 40 or so.

Anonymous Guest

It depends.

I've read that a lot has to do with your age. I read a post in a different forum by someone in their 50's that had lost a lot of weight basically in their 30's, 40's and 50's. The person said that they had no problem with loose skin in their 30's, 40's was a bit more difficult to deal with, and 50's even more so.

I've also read that it has to do with the rate at which you lose weight. If you're losing more than 3-4 lbs a week, you're more likely to have loose skin. However, I don't know how true this is.

I've lost 110 lbs (or so) so far. I'm also pretty tall (6'3") and in my early 30's. But, I haven't had any problems really. Occasionally there will be areas that *could* be loose skin. But usually in a month or two, it goes away.

Obviously, YMMV.