Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy Primal Breakfasts for Kids page

CrazyCatLady is offline Member

Easy Primal Breakfasts for Kids

Primal Fuel
    I am really wanting to transition my kids to fully primal, but the stickler is breakfast. Breakfast is my time that I wake up, I need easy things that are somewhat "traditional."

Right now we do sausages on weekdays, bacon on weekends. My oldest will eat fruits and nuts, but my youngest will only eat hard boiled eggs, and only once in a while. He won't eat nuts. Middle will eat anything, but wants LOTS.

What are some easy or make ahead things that we can do? I really need one time during the day when I am not at the stove cooking for everyone.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Would they eat frittata?

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Scotch eggs? Paleo waffles or pancakes topped with a mix of cream cheese/sour cream/vanilla stevia? Chopped apple topped w/ a couple tbsp butter, some cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, vanilla stevia (nuts, optional) - microwave for 90 secs. then pour heavy cream on it and enjoy.

BTW, the waffles pancakes and scotch eggs can all be made ahead and put in fridge and freezer.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I second the frittata recommendation. Or just an egg casserole. I add sauteed garlic, onion, whatever other veggies, raosted red pepper, sausage and about 10 eggs to a casserole dish. Bake until it's set. It keeps well in the fridge and is good cold or hot.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Soup. Stew. Leftovers. No reason why you have to try to mimic traditional breakfast-y foods.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I third fritattas, though I make them ahead in a muffin tin and refrigerate/freeze them. There are so many variations you can do--pizza (pepperoni/sausage, tomatoes, mozzarella, oregano), spinach and artichoke, you name it. I've even made a sweet version for my daughter with butternut squash, chicken apple maple sausage, and cinnamon. I also like the idea of paleo/primal pancakes, I wonder if you could make a batch and then freeze them between parchment sheets and reheat as needed?

CrazyCatLady is offline Member
    Sounds like great ideas! We do quiche from time to time (particularly when the geese are laying,) and that sounds like a great idea to make ahead and have for breakfast. I love the make ahead waffles and such. I used to do that, I will need to check out doing it again.

Thanks for the inspiration!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I've grown fond of a banana or apple with almond butter if you need something quick.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I've grown fond of a banana or apple with almond butter if you need something quick.
    Yep! Forgot about those, they are a couple more of our quick favorites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast