Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: My total cholesterol went from 146 to 217 in 4 months! page 5

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Because it seems like you are asking questions for the purpose of shooting people down or nitpicking their responses.

I already answered your question, if you were actually looking for the answer. So has Neckhammer. Ready for it? You're asking the wrong question.

Why are you bothering working out what the 'extremely low' threshold is? The only reason I can see is so you can modify your behaviour to be more healthy (right?). You don't need an arbitrary thresold for that. For you, more cholesterol=better health. So eat foods that are rich in cholestrol, and your cholesterol will go up.

That's the takeaway point that you seem to refuse to see, even when it's repeatedly explained to you.

Here's the link to the mortality U curve I was talking about. Here's the study that found womens mortality to be inversely related to TC. Work out for yourself what you think your low end TC threshold is. I personally would shoot for a TC > 200, whether man or woman. But I'm just some random on the internet, don't take what I'm saying as gospel. I'm not a public health body who has a mandate to tell people what thresholds are healthy for them. There's no 'official' public health value for an extremely low TC threshold, because CW thinking on cholesterol is half-baked at best, and thinks that the lower the cholesterol the better.
    You still failed to explain why I need to shoot for higher cholesterol if my ratios are IDEAL.

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Improve on hijacking threads...try opening your own with your numbers and your questions.....if not that you could always work on your filatio.
    Sorry about hijacking this thread. Don't know what filatio means. I will open my own thread.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Funny story. KathyG was already on my ignorelist, but I temporarily unbanned her to respond in this thread. She is now ignored again.

She puts little to no effort into her posts, does not acknowledge the mountains of good information or good advice on topic, goes searching for things to nitpick and disagree with, apparently doesn't know how to use google to search for information, and has basically nothing constructive to contribute.

I'm out.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Dont forget she claims to have 100s of degrees....lol
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Anyone who has done any research knows there are different types of LDL some that are harmful (small and dense) and some that are good ( big and fluffy).
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I personally would shoot for a TC > 200, whether man or woman.
    Looks like Kathy's not the only one who should listen to the Dayspring interview. This couldn't hurt, either: Chris Kresser - Episode 151

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    Looks like Kathy's not the only one who should listen to the Dayspring interview. This couldn't hurt, either: Chris Kresser - Episode 151
    So you think there is such as thing as healthy - bad LDL which carries cholesterol that the body needs in every cell?

WOW no offence but tried reading that podcast and just well awful. Like, you know, it is just so, how do I put well, like this because I need to bust your chops....'cause it is like wow....
    No data, no studies, just I'm a valley-girl.

From what I may have been able to gleen from from their non sourced valley talk is high ldl may be a problem but...
    It does not match some of the research I have read, posts in Griffs Primer, posts that Mark has made etc...but hey pary on dude.

And even trying to get through the Valley girl speak ..at least half of what he is trying to say is what I am saying then he like I donno know...it is like...so groddy to the max
    Last edited by Dirlot; 10-11-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Timthetaco Guest
    I don't know what the hell you're on, and I don't like to appeal to authority like this, but I find myself more inclined to listen to the opinions of a lipidologist or a solid clinician and scientist about the state of the research on heart disease risk than you.

Maybe you, Dayspring and Kresser should get together so you can explain to them what the research truly shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    I don't know what the hell you're on, and I don't like to appeal to authority like this, but I find myself more inclined to listen to the opinions of a lipidologist or a solid clinician and scientist about the state of the research on heart disease risk than you.

Maybe you, Dayspring and Kresser should get together so you can explain to them what the research truly shows.
    You pointed like, you know a god awful like podcast and I responded in kind.

So you think the body produces LDL is a bad thing, something the body needs to deliver cholesterol to. Because the reality is every cell in the body needs cholesterol. That fluffy LDL the best carrier that the the body has is bad?

Please show a readable link that shows all ldl is bad which you seem to be implying.

PS
    In case you missed it like I am so picking up on the like vibe of the like podcast....like
    Last edited by Dirlot; 10-11-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Timthetaco Guest
    I'm not implying all cholesterol is bad. I'm merely pointing out that Dayspring and Kresser not only have access to plenty of research you don't, they also have the knowledge and expertise to declare with more authority that the research seems to show an excessive amount of LDL particles in the blood increases the risk of atherosclerosis no matter the size.

That runs counter to your popular theory about large fluffy LDL bouncing around happily in the blood like beach balls while small LDL go tear-assing around epithelial tissue like Sonic the Hedgehog.

I don't have links to the research, but like I said, I'm more inclined to believe them than you, despite your supposedly exhaustive research on the subject.

I never claimed exhaustive research.
    I have not found a study (and it appears nether have you) that support their claims. There are plenty of studies that show with high HDL and low triglicerides you LDL is big an fluffy and things are looking good.
    My overall numbers are fantastic by CW and Primal bench marks. From what I have read I am on the right path. I would love to see alternative studies but that pod cast was not it!
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast