Thread: New To Primal page

MaryAnn is offline Junior Member

New To Primal

Shop Now
    Hi. My name is Mary Ann, from Pa. and I have never tried Primal before (I've tried everything else though). I just ordered the book and hope to learn more about it. I have to admit that I am horrible at cutting carbs. The cravings overwhelm me. I hope to learn alot here.

Mary Ann

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Mary Ann!

It's definitely hard to make the diet change, and the more heavily you were into high carb low fat, the harder it is to make a big jump.

My advice is to make the transition gradually. Replace bad carbs (wheat, white sugar) with good carbs (vegetables and fruit). Replace bad fats (vegetable oils) with good fats (olive oil, butter and lard).

Then you don't have to cut carbs. Eat all the veggies you want.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

MaryAnn is offline Junior Member
    I haven't seen it anywhere but is there a ratio or calorie count I should follow? I am going to print out the list of foods I can have. I don't usually do low fat so that shouldn't be a problem doing high fat. I was wondering about something. I drink hot tea (alot of it) do I have to give that up? Also can I substitute milf with protein powder?

Mary Ann

vaibhavi is offline Junior Member
    Hello,
    My name is Vaibhavi.I am also new member this Forums.

Thanks

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Welcome Mary Ann and Vaibhavi. Good luck to both of you!

Mary Ann, on the carb craving thing... Breaking that carb addiction is definitely worth it. You can do it!