Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I need more fat in my diet, but how do I get it? page

Fern is offline Senior Member

Question I think I need more fat in my diet, but how do I get it?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I should be eating more fat. I dont track my food intake on fitday but heres what I generally eat in a day breakfast is a cup or 2 of veggies cooked in butter with either ham, bacon, or sausage (2 pieces) and 2 eggs also cooked in butter. About 3 tablespoons of butter altogether. About every other day I do a coconut milk smoothie with berries, 1 can coconut milk 1 1/2 cups of strawberries and 1 cup of blueberries, mostly that much fruit because I don't really like the taste of coconut. Lunch is usually a whole avocado. and Dinner is some sort of meat or fish with veggies or a BAS. Today I feel like im starving so I am trying to figure out right now what to get for lunch. I do want to lose about 30-40 more pounds but im still breastfeeding my son so I don't want to drop the weight really quick. I want to add that I do eat some dairy like cheese in my salads or if I pour green chili on my breakfast I will add cheese. So what can I eat that will give me more fat?

Oh the reason I want more fat is I feel sluggish and like im going to fall asleep at my desk at work. I have only been doing primal for 1 month and was a vegan for 2 years then a vegetarian for about 6 months after that.

Thanks!

Beauty is offline Senior Member
    Hi, I'm also breastfeeding. Just out of curiosity, how old is your babe?

A few weeks ago there was a thread about eating butter on its own. Many people admitted that they often indulge in eating it by itself. I did not chime in myself, but at that point I had been slicing off extra little slivers for myself as I was cooking. One person on that thread mentioned that they enjoy eating butter alongside a nice cup of earl grey tea, allowing slivers to melt in the mouth, amounting to a total of about 100 grams! I was entirely taken aback by that amount.

But since I read that, I've steadily been increasing my own amounts, and I now also really enjoy it with some tea or coffee on the side. The effects are almost immediate, and for that reason I have to recommend it absolutely! If I have low energy, 5-10 minutes later I've got tons of energy. Foggy in the head? Clear in 20 minutes. It's amazing. It definitely requires completely letting go of any residual fat eating phobia. This little habit has also completely replaced any and all cravings I've had for sweets and carbs. Yay for butter! (I think I'll go have some now!)

Hello, My son is 14 months, I really want to breastfeed him until hes at least 2 but as of late he has been hitting, punching, biting, kicking, pinching and just generally trying to rip the skin off of my body, so im not sure how long I can last if this continues.

I don't think I could eat just butter on its own, I have a really weird texture issue with foods. I just started eating chicken skin and small bits of fat off a steak or on pork. Any my husband already says I use to much butter because between cooking breakfast for the two of us we use almost a whole stick of butter. I would be happy to use 4 sticks but I am not sure if I can eat it by itself. Maybe I can try it and see how it goes.

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Heavy cream works too. You can mix it into your tea or coffee or us it instead of your coconut milk.

How much protein / carbs are you eating?

I don't track on fitday or anything, I just cant keep up with it. I try to limit my carbs as much as I can. Protein I don't know, maybe I am low in that area also? People say dairy helps them hold on to weight and I am trying NOT to do that so I even canceled my raw milk share so I don't have a good source for heavy cream. I am getting better with the taste of coconut, its just taking time. When I was eating CW if I even thought something had a coconut flavor I wouldn't eat it, now I can at least drink it with the berries and I have tried the oil its just still a little to coconutty to go on my veggies, although my husband LOVED the veggies cooked in it.

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    Do the smoothies make you tired? Because that seems like a LOT of fruit...
    It would help us help you if you give us g/day of protein, fat, and carbs.

Suki is offline Senior Member
    You should track in Fitday for a few days - just to see what's going on. If you're hungry on PB, you need to change something.

I'd agree that that seems like a lot of fruit.

And quality cream is not going to impede your fat-loss efforts. People say a lot of things but people aren't always right.

No the smoothies dont make me tired, BUT i forgot to add that I split the smoothie that I eat with my husband and my son has a little bit so I dont eat the whole 2 1/2 cups of fruit by myself. I should have thought better to add that in the first time. I will try to do a few days on fitday and then update here what it says. Thanks for your help!

Also, I can get organic creme but its homogenized and pasteurized, is that still ok to eat?

jennf is offline Senior Member
    One thing I've been doing lately to up my fat is eat a tbsp. or so of coconut oil after every meal. It's almost like dessert and it increases my fat quite a bit without even really trying.

Little_Fish is offline Member
    i;d say nutbutters... take a half banana and smash it up with a heaping tablespoon of cashew, peanut, or almond butter. Tastes good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast