Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coconut milk is good or bad? page 3

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Is that why southeast Asians are so thin? They only eat a few tablespoons of coconut milk each day?
    Do they really eat a few tablespoons of coconut milk each day?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    They move a lot more than us and eat a lot less than us. The whole white rice paradox is a myth as well since they eat a whopping ice cream scoop with their meal, not an entire quart like you get at a Chinese restaurant.
    Exactly. I'm Vietnamese myself and we eat massive tons of herbs and greenery, fish, not much meat, and 1-2 small bowls of rice. And by small I mean rice bowls that are 4 inches in diameter. The Chinese buffet stuff are consumed on special occasions.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Do they really eat a few tablespoons of coconut milk each day?
    No.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Is that why southeast Asians are so thin? They only eat a few tablespoons of coconut milk each day?
    Thailand has very high coconut milk consumption (compared to the USA) and actually is one of the few developed Asian countries with a lower life expectancy than the USA. Of course, that doesn't mean it's due to the coconut milk, but the fact that they consume coconut milk is just as unlikely to be the reason they are thin.

I think we all crave an amazing tasting food that is super healthy. The reality is that coconut milk (in it's processed form) is in no way primal and should be treated just as cream, as another poster said. It's super calorie dense and the additives in most versions should at least make you have a second thought at it's high consumption.

Myself, I look it as a treat to have on occasion.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I know, I was just joking...

Although if you think about it, SE Asians are also tiny. They don't eat as much food as we do...perhaps some Caucasian counterparts can actually get away with eating more in America? :O

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    Stealing this. Coconut, chocolate and avocado. The culinary trifecta! Any ratios you recommend, or just to taste? I won't use the protein powder mostly likely. Is the cocoa powder unsweetened?
    That looks awesome...Its on my list! I'll use some coconut cream for mine . Yeah, I stopped buying coconut "milk" a while back. The cream is just so much more versatile for my uses.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-11-2012 at 08:23 PM.

biorbyt is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For me its better. It Keeps skin and blood vessels flexible and elastic. It contains many vitamins, minerals and electrolytes, including potassium, calcium and chloride. Coconut milk is rich in lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that is abundant in motherís milk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123