Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The plank-off challenge page 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    2 minutes. doubt we'd get the lamb thru customs lol so you will have to come get it!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    We might be able to organise some gorgeous NZ lamb. However you might have to come and pick it up from here ?????
    .....and this is NOT going to turn into some primal man versus woman contest - cos we all know who would win that one !!! LOL
    and I mean -we woman would win- we always do - end of
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    2 minutes.
    I just knew you wouldn't be able to resist. Ok so you are very clever, but just watch your back Seaweed !!!!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

lmao you go gwamma! i hate doing planks so you are welcome to win so i dont have to do anymore :P

yea but - I am not as strong as you - obviously, so I am gonna have to work twice as hard to get to your level !!!! and that doesn't mean that I will win - but shit I am gonna have one hell of a crack at it !!!!!!
    x

...small steps....

then you will need to be crafty lol my advice is to get someone to talk to you while you do it about something interesting. i seriously used to struggle doing 1 min planks when i was studying personal training. i freakn hate them so i dont practise. i sent my personal trainer the plank variations for fun one day and he made me do some. so there i am planking and waving my arms and legs around like simon says on drugs. several minutes later i realise i am still planking lol so the moral is, the brain is the weakest muscle. distract yourself instead of clock watching. also if it starts hurting stop. regardless of how short a time you have done it.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member

Coach p - you wee thing - thank you so much for posting the attachments - you could praps coach me through this - so I can BEAT Seaweed !!!!!

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Coach p - you wee thing - thank you so much for posting the attachments - you could praps coach me through this - so I can BEAT Seaweed !!!!!
    It's really about consistency but technique-wise you should aim for a straight line between the back of your head, middle of the shoulder blades and your coccyx - all with a reasonable neutral lumbar position. Any deviation from this and you're essentially just reinforcing poor posture.

A good tip is to have someone rest a broomstick along your back. If it is in contact with all 3 points at the same time then you're golden.

Thank you I shall practise practice practice. As an aside what is the longest plank that you have heard about ????

...small steps....

Not sure about any record for it but I got to 25 minutes with a group of other coaches a few years back. It definitely helps to have others to push you! But, irrespective of time, the important thing is the quality.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast