Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You We Need More Sleep in Winter? page 2

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My sense of touch isn't quite that low. I'm sure I'd feel it if someone took off my fingernail (not sure if that was sarcasm so I assumed it wasn't). I mean, I could probably still take the pain that I did get from that but I would likely wince. Although that time that I got a knife in the chest wasn't too bad.
    Have you noticed which foods affect night vision? Because occasionally when I switch the foods which I'm eating my ability to see will just shoot down for a few days.

And I'll check your response tomorrow, I'm tired.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    My night vision does sometimes fade, I never thought about why. I just assumed it was less moonlight, clouds, etc. - but there mght be more to it. I'll have to pay attention more to what I've been eatng when it gets dim.

A little sarcasm, but, yeah, it wouldn't stop me from charging. It definitely doesn't immobilze my arm the way it's supposed to (the fngernail pinch). I just roll through the pain and keep moving.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neely is offline Member
    Great some people thinking along the same lines as me then.

Since eating/living paleo for the last 6 weeks or so my sleep quality, amongst other things, has definitely improved. I do also go to bed a little earier. I find that I am full of energy for most of the day and then I suddenly go very tired at around 11.00pm. So I am not finding it quite as hard getting up as I used to do, but it is definitely still harder to get up when the rain is beating down on the windows and it is dark outside in winter than it is in summer.

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Autism.
    Hypersensitive hearing: Those things meant to drive off dogs? They hurt.
    Hypersensitive vision: I can see in the dark. Need I say more?
    Hyposensitive touch: Pain doesn't stop me. Although for some reason I seem to feel whatever touches my body hair. It doesn't hurt but it's wierd considering I feel almost nothing when I shave.

So yeah, for all intents and purposes (especially when you consider that I also happen to be a genius who has been compared to sherlock holmes (by people who overestimate, yes, but it gives you a general idea of my intelligence)) I AM a superhero. Or at the very least a potential action hero.
    Alex Good, you crack me up...(my autistic son has similar 'abilities')!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    My night vision does sometimes fade, I never thought about why. I just assumed it was less moonlight, clouds, etc. - but there mght be more to it. I'll have to pay attention more to what I've been eatng when it gets dim.

A little sarcasm, but, yeah, it wouldn't stop me from charging. It definitely doesn't immobilze my arm the way it's supposed to (the fngernail pinch). I just roll through the pain and keep moving.
    I measure how good my night vision is on any particular night by checking how well I can see in my room without any lights on. I have a blanket over my window so the level of darkness remains somewhat constant.
    And yeah I know what you mean about holds. The one where your arm gets twisted behind your back does seem to work on me though, mostly because it relies on leverage more than pain.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I agree.
    And here in Florida it is not cold at all. There is just that sense of the seasons changing. The rest of the world however still expects me to be up and moving regardless
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

gusAs is offline Junior Member
    In winter is very cold and I can not stand the cold so most of the time I want to stay in my bad and sleep...Unfortunately this is not possible. treat prostate
    Last edited by gusAs; 10-20-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Autism.
    Hypersensitive hearing: Those things meant to drive off dogs? They hurt.
    Hypersensitive vision: I can see in the dark. Need I say more?
    Hyposensitive touch: Pain doesn't stop me. Although for some reason I seem to feel whatever touches my body hair. It doesn't hurt but it's wierd considering I feel almost nothing when I shave.

So yeah, for all intents and purposes (especially when you consider that I also happen to be a genius who has been compared to sherlock holmes (by people who overestimate, yes, but it gives you a general idea of my intelligence)) I AM a superhero. Or at the very least a potential action hero.
    Us Autistic folks don't have superhuman eyes dude. In fact, we are LESS likely to. I have a LOT of friends on the spectrum, and almost ALL of us wear glasses or contacts. My research has actually pointed to a correlation between premature degeneration of eye tissue and those on the autistic spectrum. I'm not sure of the cause, but the link is there.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    When I go backpacking I go to bed with the sun and wake with the sun. That means 6pm bed time in the fall and getting up around 7am. I do tend to wake up in the middle of those long nights and find it hard to go back to sleep. I don't think we necessarily need more sleep, but I do think by nature we are designed to sleep when it's dark. Nearer the equator the nights wouldn't vary so many hours throughout the year.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    need yes. the body was designed to follow circadian rhythms and the sun goes down faster and stays down.

need nah we invented light to extend the day
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast