Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KFC going primal? page

SpudClampDawg is offline Junior Member

KFC going primal?

Shop Now
    Minus the Colonel's "secret sauce," this sandwich looks to be a somewhat healthy option for fast food (I know all fast food is unhealthy, but living in a small town with few options, I like knowing that sandwiches like this are available in a pinch). I know Hardee's has a low-carb Thickburger that comes wrapped in lettuce. Are there anymore "healthier" fast-food options out there?

http://louisville.bizjournals.com/lo...5/daily11.html

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if I trust that. It may look AWESOME and may be primal at face value, butI bet they sneak some superfluous hydrogenated cottonseed oil and 20 preservatives into there.

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    Stabby: amen to that.

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    I actually work for KFC and please for the love of Jeebus run away from that sammich! It has over 60 carbs in it due to the breading on the chicken. The bacon even manages to have 3 carbs with the seasoning used.

I almost never eat at work and when I do I eat a grilled chicken breast ( 0 carbs! )

KFC is definitely not going paleo! But you can still eat pretty paleo there... just don't get any side dishes, all of them are not-so-good (potatoes, wedges, corn, green beans, baked beans, mac and cheese)

Yikes!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    You can get the sandwich with grilled chicken...I might try it if I'm in a pinch.

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    The grilled chicken actually would be a lot better. But it's hardly heavenly. It has carbs too because of the seasoning they use. And it's actually not grilled either. None of our chicken is grilled. It's steamed. We have a huge steamer in the back and the chicken is put on black racks with lines on them to appear grilled. Funny, huh?

But yeah, if in a pinch, go for it. I'd still suggest just the regular "grilled" chicken on the bone though.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    Aw, dangit. Now I'm craving a big ole chicken drumstick.

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    so this is actually steamed and the grill marks are painted somewhat?

http://www.kfc.com/menu/chicken_grilled.asp

If that's true, this could be a class action lawsuite

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Lordy! There was a post on this a few weeks back. I just don't trust fast-food joints. :P

@thehallowprince - Nice quote in your sig. Carl Sagan was an incredible man, and I just can't get enough of "The Cosmos."

Primal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    I actually work for KFC and please for the love of Jeebus run away from that sammich! It has over 60 carbs in it due to the breading on the chicken. The bacon even manages to have 3 carbs with the seasoning used.

I almost never eat at work and when I do I eat a grilled chicken breast ( 0 carbs! )

KFC is definitely not going paleo! But you can still eat pretty paleo there... just don't get any side dishes, all of them are not-so-good (potatoes, wedges, corn, green beans, baked beans, mac and cheese)

Yikes!
    According to the KFC nutrition info, there are 11g carbs (not 60) in the breaded version, 3 in the grilled version. And that's including the sauce, which I'd suspect has HFCS in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast