Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Coke Zero free, high fat Paleo journey. page

annedawso is offline Senior Member

My Coke Zero free, high fat Paleo journey.

Shop Now
    Well here goes (for the umpteenth time I am determined to follow a healthy diet.)
    I am a 46 year old woman with a full time sedentary job and 3 kids living in the UK.
    After a couple of weeks of going off the rails I am determined to be GOOD. The only thing in my favour is I have continued to exercise and my worst downfall has been chocolate.

I am also going cold turkey as I am addicted to Coke Zero, drinking at least 2 500ml bottles a day so from Monday have not drank any. I am going to give fruit etc a miss for a while and concentrate on low carb vegetables as per Gary Taube’s book,

Day 1 8th October (Monday) Weigh in 154lb
    Breakfast 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch –Tongue, lettuce, peppers with dressing of balsamic vinegar and olive oil
    Tea- Chicken leg with skin and cabbage
    Snack – ham, peppers marinated in vinegar
    Exercise : one hours intense circuit training class.

Day 2 9th October (Tuesday)
    Breakfast 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch –Tongue, lettuce, peppers with dressing of balsamic vinegar and olive oil
    Tea- beef burgers with roasted cauli and brussel sprouts drizzled in olive oil and salt and pepper
    Exercise : 30 minutes aerobics class

According to fitday I am eating 65% fat, 24% protein and 11% carbs. Which I think is about right.

Wednesday
    Breakfast- 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch- tongue, lettuce, fat cheese with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
    Tea - Fatty lamb shoulder, cabbage, roasted cauli and sprouts.
    Exercise 30 mins heavy weights/ press up/ planks
    7 minutes of 30 second sprints and 30 second walks.

Not very adventurous with my meals. Though we all enjoyed the lamb cooked in the crock pot, just finished it off by roasting in the oven.

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    I could go for some of that lamb! Nice job on the exercise too. Get it girl!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey anne!

Welcome to journal-land! I'll be watching you here... See you soon - getting up in a few hours to make a clinic run with Third.

missennah is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    Wednesday
    Breakfast- 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch- tongue, lettuce, fat cheese with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
    Tea - Fatty lamb shoulder, cabbage, roasted cauli and sprouts.
    Exercise 30 mins heavy weights/ press up/ planks
    7 minutes of 30 second sprints and 30 second walks.

Not very adventurous with my meals. Though we all enjoyed the lamb cooked in the crock pot, just finished it off by roasting in the oven.
    As long as you are eating good products and like what you eating, the food doesn't have to be adventurous
    ...The grass is always greener where you water it...

Lost 35 kilos and 121 centimetres since 25 May 2012
    My journal

Thanks for all your comments.
    Felt as if I was going to vomit in bed last night, was worried I had given everyone food poisoning cos not used to crockpot cooking.
    The feeling has passed now, my tummy just feels tender. Not sure if it was because I ate so much fat off the lamb.
    It was lovely at the time though.
    Going to go on a 30 minute walk now during my lunch break.

Bess58 is offline Member
    Hello Anne,

congratulations on starting your own journal! Your food and exercise look good. Hope your stomach will be better soon.

I'm sure that if you try the coke zero again after a few weeks, it will seem much too sweet and chemically tasting to you. I have also weaned myself from diet sodas to avoid the aspartame and other chemical stuff. The key is to find something else that you like, maybe homemade iced tea or a good tasting mineral water.

I find it so wonderfully British how you list your meals as "breakfast, lunch and tea", although the "tea" looks like a full meal ...

Wish you luck! I'm going to cheer you on.

Hi all and Journal,
    Thursday couldnt resist a weigh in - 152lb (thrilled, I do seem to lose weight eating high fat.)
    Breakfast- 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch- pork with fat, lettuce, feta cheese with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
    Tea - chicken with lots of lovely skin, egg foo yung (from chippy that my husband has bought.)
    Exercise 60 minutes Zumba (loved the class last night)
    30 minutes lunch time walk.

Well still not drank any coke zero and cant say at the moment I am particularly missing it. The test will be when I am tired or stressed. I think one of the things that made me give it up was reading the body puts fat round the caffeine on your stomach. My stomach needs as much help as it can get to reduce the fat.

Thanks Bess - glad to know it can be done giving up the diet coke.
    We actually always say Breakfast, Dinner and Tea in our house (with tea being the biggest meal of the day)at about 6pm.
    The correct way i suppose is Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, though the majority of families certainly in Liverpool would say the same as me. I put lunch on this Journal to make it clear what I was talking about.
    Speak soon
    Last edited by annedawso; 10-13-2012 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Called Thursday Wednesday!!!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bess58 View Post
    \I find it so wonderfully British how you list your meals as "breakfast, lunch and tea", although the "tea" looks like a full meal ...
    Wish you luck! I'm going to cheer you on.
    Hi Bess,
    One of the things I find endearing about my new Australian friends is that they all call dinner 'tea' as in 'we're going out for tea tonight.' The semantics of what you call each meal are, in the UK, tied up with both geography and class. As a lower-middle class southerner, growing up I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner, except on Sundays when lunch was the main meal - always a roast (beef with yorkshire puds, chicken with sage and onion stuffing, lamb with mint sauce or pork with apple sauce ALWAYS roast potatoes, some green veg pressure cooked to a sludge and then sweetcorn or some other pedestrian vegetable choice) - and then tea (a small, light meal, based on eggs and/or toast). The upper middle classes call the evening meal supper, unless it really is a formal dinner, but in my family supper was had about an hour before bed and was usually a buttered cream cracker or similar and Horlicks or hot milk.
    When I was at uni in Lancaster my northern friends referred to the lunch they took to class as their 'pack up', for me packing up was tidying things away whereas my food was 'a packed lunch'. Subtle differences can speak volumes if you're a native.

Anne! Congratulations on starting your journal and good luck.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Friday

Breakfast- 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch- pork with fat, lettuce, peppers in vinegar
    Tea - chicken with skin, sausages roasted sprouts and cauliflower cooked in olive oil
    Exercise 30 minutes walk at lunch time.

Feeling good. Wonder how log before I will be fat burning

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast