Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: My Coke Zero free, high fat Paleo journey. page 6

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Can someone tell me what tongue tastes like? It is one of those things I just can't quite stomach..
    Hard to describe, it is a fatty meat and I love the Taste. I get bored eating ham. I find the tongue more flavoursome. Sometimes though, some foods can give you the heebyjeebies. I couldn't eat things like fishy food in shells - mussels etc. probably I would like the taste buy cant bring myself to eat them.
    There again I can remember growing up that my mum and her family of Irish descent would et cooked pigs trotters. There is no way I could do that either. Yet I will quite happily eat tongue.

Friday
    Breakfast – boiled egg x 2
    Lunch 500g salted macadamia nuts (didnt have time for proper lunch)
    Tea: bacon rasher x2 egg x1 Camembert cheese with roast cauli

Saturday
    Brunch - black pudding, bacon rashers x2 and one egg
    Tea - broccoli and leek soup with 50g of Stilton. Melted Camembert with raw peppers, 3 small bacon ribs

Exercise- 60 minutes circuit training ( very hard work but I kept up while over 50% of class kept having to stop for rests.) The trainer has us doing a circuit then 60 seconds of a wide variety of jumps, sounds easy but I promise it is not.
    Though the sense of elation that I have completed it is worth it.
    Think I may be eating too much cheese. Will cut back tomorrow if I don't like the scales.

My 16 year old is doing a 48 hr 5 a side football game over the weekend to try and beat a World Record.i went to watch for a bit after he had been playing 8 hrs and there were few hobbling around already. They have a break for an hour every 4 hrs or so.
    I didn't want him to do it, but several of his friends are and when you are 16 you think you know it all.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    oh yeah. I can't even handle cow's liver. I know organ meat is supposed to be healthy but I just can't manage to try it. SOmeone needs to feed it to me w/out me knowing so I can get past the gross out factor.

Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    Hard to describe, it is a fatty meat and I love the Taste. I get bored eating ham. I find the tongue more flavoursome. Sometimes though, some foods can give you the heebyjeebies. I couldn't eat things like fishy food in shells - mussels etc. probably I would like the taste buy cant bring myself to eat them.
    There again I can remember growing up that my mum and her family of Irish descent would et cooked pigs trotters. There is no way I could do that either. Yet I will quite happily eat tongue.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Sunday
    Brunch (ate out) roast beef, cauli, broccoli, spoonful of gravy
    Tea: broccoli, leek and stilton homemade soup with 10g butter, bacon x2 rashers, cabbage with 25g butter
    Exercise: 30 minutes heavy weights, 20 minutes yoga.

Got weighed Monday morning and weigh 148.6. Funny when I weighed 165 pounds my goal weight was 150lb. Now there is no way I am happy with that weight and my new goal weight is 140lb. My stomach is still really big.
    Still no coke zero, though I dreamt last night I had it by mistake!!!!!
    Last edited by annedawso; 10-22-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Monday
    Brunch - broccoli and leek soup, fried bacon rashers x2 and one egg
    Tea - chicken wings x 4 cauli and broccoli.
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    78% fat
    17% protein
    5% carbs.

Still feeling really full, actually having to force my self to eat. Most unusual experience.
    Off to circuit training tonight.
    Great not to have chocolate cravings. Just hoping it lasts.

Tuesday
    Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs
    Tea- tongue slices x 4 cabbage in 35g butter
    Snack 50g mixed nuts
    couple of teaspoons of cream
    Last edited by annedawso; 10-24-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Cant tell you how close I was to having a Reeces Peanut Butter last night. Went and had a couple of spoonfuls of cream instead, but it was close. Think it may have been cos I didnt have any lunch. Unbelievable that I can be so good for weeks then nearly sabotage being in ketosis etc on a whim.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I almost lost it with a CW crap hot dog the other day, just because I was hungry (no breakfast or lunch on Sunday). I am leaving shortly for my Wednesday long day, and today I am armed...

Send me your all-time-favorite make-at-home tongue recipe, please. I have one in the freezer, and I almost gag when I look at it (it isn't peeled of its top skin layer yet...) even though I like organ meats in general, and I think it is time I did something with it.

Hang in there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Send me your all-time-favorite make-at-home tongue recipe, please. I have one in the freezer, and I almost gag when I look at it (it isn't peeled of its top skin layer yet...) even though I like organ meats in general, and I think it is time I did something with it.

Hang in there!!
    My god, you dont think I cook it myself do you!!!
    Oh no, I am a wimp of the first order. I buy it already cooked from the local butcher, so no recipes from me I'm afraid.
    Actually I have just googled tongue and the images are pretty gross. Mine comes in nice, sliced circles, so I dont even make a connection to an actual tongue.
    Or I didn't.
    Last edited by annedawso; 10-25-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Confession time. This could be shocking.
    Wednesday
    Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch: Tongue salad, lettuce and olive oil with balsamic vingar.
    SNACK: 3 PACKETS OR REECES PEANUT BUTTER AND TWO CHOCOLATE BARS. What an idiot I am, when I start eating confectionery I cant stop.
    Tea: Ribs and cabbage.

OK, told myself it was a one off blow out and I am back on the straight and narrow from today. Enjoyed eating the first one but then it got kinda sickly, though that didnt stop me.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast