Thread: Fitness Approach Advice page

mark2741 is offline Member

Fitness Approach Advice

Primal Fuel
    As I wrote about in another thread on this forum earlier this week - I recently quit my CrossFit membership due to constant nagging injuries (mostly due to my own ego/stupidity). I'd been doing CrossFit for 4 months and never really excelled at it. I'm 41yo, 5'10" 191lbs.

With the CrossFit membership canceled, I'm going to take the rest of this week to let my latest injury heal before jumping into fitness again. The question now is - what do I do?

My thinking is to join a local globo-gym and focus on weight training. The reason I joined CrossFit in the first place was for the personal coaching and teaching of weight training (along with the other stuff), because when I tried lifting weights on my own I was not flexible enough to do it right. Now, after 4 months of CF and the knowledge I gained from it, I definitely know how to squat safely, clean, etc., and have built up a little bit of strength so I'm not completely weak.

But part of me says to hold off on it and just do bodyweight routine like PBF.

What do you guys think?

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mark2741 View Post
    What do you guys think?
    I'm happy with doing my HIT rowing for two minutes a week (in two periods of 3 x 20secs flat out) combined with a Big Five session from Body by Science that takes all of another ten minutes or so. I started as a bloater in March with a resting pulse of just over 60 beats per minute. Pulse is now a little over 40 and I do believe I am starting to see some muscle definition on my legs. Still got some fat to lose on my upper body but I'm getting there. Main point is:- No injuries. Second point is:- This regime doesn't take long!

Eating better (and less) plus this small amount of exercise has lost me some 46lbs of fat since early March. Having said that, I am now looking at using body weight for strength training and cutting out the mile walk to the gym to save even more time.

I'm 62.
    Last edited by Nigel; 10-10-2012 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Put age in.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.