Thread: Getting started page

Brown is offline Junior Member

Getting started

My wife and I have just started eating primal. I'm in my mid-thirties, 5'11" and 160 lbs., and I've never really had to work to maintain that weight. I'm starting because my skin has been bad since the 80s, my energy has been really low, and two of my brothers report feeling much more energetic since going primal. For me, it isn't a huge step; I naturally prefer fat/salt/protein over carbs.

My wife is on board, and for her it's a much tougher step. She has a sweet tooth, and today was her first day eating primal. Here's the cool thing: when I got home from work, she said "it's weird, I haven't been hungry all day."

CrazyCatLady is offline Member
    Congrats to both of you. I had the same experience as your wife, along with a little bit of carb "flu". I took some multivitamins, and it helped cure my "flu". Since being on board, I really haven't craved much of anything except a frozen mocha drink from Costco - which is strange as I only ever had one before. But stuff around the house, or shopping, eh. Hopefully you both will be the same.

kmc
    kmc is offline Member
    Congrats to both of you! It is amazing what eating right can do for your skin... I seem to be much more tan year round and all my acne (which wasn't terrible, but definitely annoying,) is gone.

Best of luck to your wife too! Her first day going so well is definitely a good sign for her continued success.
    My Journal
    Fat Kid Turned Personal Trainer, Nutrition + Lifestyle Coach
    http://www.kentmccannfitness.com to contact me!
    Also on Twitter, FB, and Fitocracy!

Brown is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the support. We're doing the 21 Day Transformation, starting today.

Fitness Wayne is offline Senior Member
    Good luck, paleo has really helped me to improve my life and get healthy. I hope it does the same for you.

Rochxyde is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's great! It really is amazing to realize that you don't need to eat all day, everyday. I hear the snacks being broken out around the office, and I'm just glad I'm off that sinking ship. The next few days might be more tough -- but you'll do great!