Thread: Vitamin D and Calcium supplement reduces mortality page

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member

Vitamin D and Calcium supplement reduces mortality

Primal Fuel
    I think I've been pretty well informed by things like watching/reading Dr. Rosedale on calcium, but this seems to give a different view. Thoughts?

Vitamin D with calcium shown to reduce mortality in elderly

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Is this old news I guess?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Pretty much. Most ailments, including osteoporosis, attributable to calcium deficiency are really caused by inappropriate metabolism of calcium. That is, there is enough but it isn't being used properly. This is generally due to Vitamin D deficiency, but there are other factors such as Vitamin K2, Vitamin A, Magnesium, Zinc and Selenium involved.

Supplementing Vitamin D and calcium partly fixes the problem but also worsens it by overloading the body with calcium. Effect is increased mortality.

Engineers do root cause analysis every day. Medical researchers don't seem to understand it
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine