Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
Wow, great job on the walking! I'd love to work my way up to a longer walk once a week- this would be a good goal for me to work towards this summer
thanks, its great. I've never had any hobbies really and for the first time I can see me starting some in the near future. Going on a 3 night 2 day hike up Snowdon and the surrounding peaks in two weeks and in about another 30lbs I'll have the confidence to go do the Padi Open water course. Once I'm further along I really want to try paragliding and kayaking. I've been stuck in front of the tv for to long and am looking forward to going and trying some new things and hopefully build up a new group of friends that have more similar interests. friends at the moment are great, but they aren't into the countryside, climbing mountains or more extreme sports. where for me its always been my weight that has held me back, more from a confidence, rather than physical angle. I think such hobbies will be what's needed for a long term life change, not just the exercise aspect, but the bordem it replaces.