Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long did it take you to lose 40 pounds? And... page 2

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It took less than 4 months for me, but I started out really fat! WoE was very strict primal starting out (all meats and veggies, no processed crap or grains), I do eat dairy now. Exercise routine started out with the progression of planks and pushups that are suggested by Mark, plus resistance band and kettlebell training. I do most of my sprints on an elliptical trainer. I've had a few weeks where I lost less than 1 pound, however I can trace the problem issues those weeks to dark chocolate or beer. However, those were my only indulgences.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Donna* is offline Junior Member
    I started the Eating Clean diet 1st June 2012, however, I soon realised that eating a portion of bread made my weight increase... same with barley... wondered why that was and by accident whilst searching I came here and started eating primal a few weeks later, I have lost 40 lbs in 18 and a half weeks. My starting weight was 171 lbs and I am 5 ft 3 inches, 46 years old and female. I am quite strict with myself regarding food, only had a couple of cheats but have paid dearly both in weight increase and feeling crappy for a couple of days after the cheat. I try to walk more, I do a bit of dumbbell work and kettle bell stuff, I am hoping to ramp up the physical activity a bit, finding time to do it is difficult. I have around another 16 lbs to lose!

40 lbs lost in about 6 months, maybe closer to 7.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

dreadlockmama is offline Junior Member
    Thank you everyone! That is so helpful! I lost 3 pounds right away and now I am determined to not keep jumping on the scale because I think I'll just get frustrated.

I need to find my way with exercise as well. I like walking & swimming..it's just the TIME commitment that is a bit tough right now. Thanks again!

dlm
    Last edited by dreadlockmama; 10-10-2012 at 07:03 PM.

dreadlockmama is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna* View Post
    I started the Eating Clean diet 1st June 2012, however, I soon realised that eating a portion of bread made my weight increase... same with barley... wondered why that was and by accident whilst searching I came here and started eating primal a few weeks later, I have lost 40 lbs in 18 and a half weeks. My starting weight was 171 lbs and I am 5 ft 3 inches, 46 years old and female. I am quite strict with myself regarding food, only had a couple of cheats but have paid dearly both in weight increase and feeling crappy for a couple of days after the cheat. I try to walk more, I do a bit of dumbbell work and kettle bell stuff, I am hoping to ramp up the physical activity a bit, finding time to do it is difficult. I have around another 16 lbs to lose!
    Thank you, Donna...that is truly encouraging!

Right now I am eating chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, butter, olive oil and veggies...but no starchy veggies. I not only want to lose about 40 pounds, I also have chronic low back pain that I believe is due to inflammation.

I am 54 years old, 5'5" and 184 pounds.

Thanks so much for sharing...I'm encouraged!

dlm

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I only weighed myself once per month. It took about 5-7 months (I think) to loose 40 lbs. The inches seemed to come off in spurts for me. I wouldn't notice any changes for a while and then suddenly my pants would be falling off.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Donna* is offline Junior Member
    Dreadlockmama, my back pain has almost gone (had a couple of twinges over a couple of days last week and the week before), the pain in my knees has totally gone, I could not have considered doing squats or lunges at the start of this. I didn't feel safe walking downstairs holding my granddaughter, my knees felt as if they were going to give way and were very painful. I still have a sore elbow from a fall down the stairs a few months ago (thankfully, not carrying my granddaughter at that time) and I am hoping that having bone broth daily will help to improve this soon. All other pre-primal aches and pains completely gone and energy levels very much improved. I have moments of feeling incredible happiness for no reason throughout the day and I attribute this to eating food that nourishes my body correctly, generally much happier! Hope it goes well for you, Good Luck

dogfuel is offline Member
    1st 40 in a few months, just eating 80% primal (but 100% no grains or added sugar).
    2nd 40 took much longer. I plateaued a few times and tried IF, but it was only after I realized calories DO matter, even when eating primaly or intermittently fasting, and stepped up the exercise, was able to average 1-2 lbs/week.

I suppose my weight-loss could have gone faster, but the "80% primal" refers, in my case, only to what I ate... I still drank 1-2 nights per week, but moved from micro/craft beers to lighter beer, wine and tequila

merryish is offline Senior Member
    My first forty just sort of fell off me. I didn't discover Paleo/primal right away; at first, all I did was cut out gluten because it was causing digestive issues. I was still eating grains, just not wheat, and I didn't exercise at all. The first 15 lbs were gone in a month. When I realized I was losing weight (I hadn't expected it; I'd given up entirely), I started getting more serious, and cut back on sugar and junk food, and started a moderate exercise program; the next 25 came off in about 2 months.

But I started out far, far higher than you did. I weighed 370 at my highest; I'm at 280 now, and things have slowed down a little. I like to think I startled those first forty off; now my body knows what I'm up to, and it's fighting back a bit.

In comparison, my room mate started at 180. She got down to 150 pretty quickly, and has been fighting her way down to 140 for months now. I think it's partly because she's so close to her goal, and partly because she's just unwilling to give up certain things that she says make her life worth living.

We're both in our low 40's, if that's info helps!

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    About 2 months (from about 330 down to 285). I don't have a specific time, though. But realize, I'm quite overweight, so this would most certainly affect the speed my losses (Or perhaps I should say gains?). I did so through a bit of exercise (which I've been lacking on), and just removing a few bad habits (unfortunately, they're back, so now I'm swerving in the ~300 mark).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast