Thread: Should I be worried about this? page

Wildrose is online now Senior Member

Unhappy Should I be worried about this?

Primal Fuel
    I just tried paleotrack.com today, to see how I was doing carb-wise. I actually came out under 50, which is actually lower than I was aiming. But it said I'm quite low on calcium, folate, all kinds of things and that my omega6 to omega 3 ratio is 6-1. Must be the roasted pistachios and almonds. But, is that something to be concerned about? I suppose I could take a multi-vitamin, but I was quite high on Vit A, and had more than adequate Vit K and Vit D. Anyway, thanks!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Leafy greens and bone broth for calcium.
    Folate... not sure where it comes from, but really important for women who might become pregnant.

Cut back on the nuts.
    Increase your oily fish intake, or take some fish oil.

Nothing to be worried about, but some adjustments could be made.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    I've eaten a piece of salmon, and at least three cups of leafy greens, lol. I'll have some bone broth with supper though. Maybe I should actually weigh things, I'm not sure how they judge a cup of leafy greens.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No worries. It is one day and you are likely to balance out as long as your not eating the exact same thing every single day. There is no need to fret about getting all your RDA's on every single day. In fact that may actually be detrimental.

That said with your carbs low you actually need far less vitamin C and with your D elevated you need less calcium. In essence our bodies are well adapted to eating real food and as long as you do that leave it to your body to cross the "ts" and dot the "i's" for ya.

Also higher protein diets increase calcium absorption.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-09-2012 at 06:24 PM.