Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrations with gifted sugar... page 2

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    so just thank her for whatever non-food items she sent (a book, did you say), and don't mention the snickers. Just let it go. It's really your issue and not hers. Be happy that she thinks of you and go fatten up the girl scouts. :-)

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    so just thank her for whatever non-food items she sent (a book, did you say), and don't mention the snickers. Just let it go. It's really your issue and not hers. Be happy that she thinks of you and go fatten up the girl scouts. :-)
    you make it sound so easy

I know it's my issue... and I know GI Joe says that knowing is half the battle, but, but.... *eyes cross, faceplant*
    Holidays are tough whilst being a natural food eating minimalist in a material world.

MeatSleepRepeat is offline Senior Member
    I always accept it and take it to work and give it away. I don't get gifted sugar from my family any more, they have learned their lesson!

badgergirl is offline Senior Member
    How about: Thank you so very much for the book and I thought you'd like to know that I shared the sweet treats with my co-workers/girl scouts/random strangers/the homeless and they were SUPER appreciative, so thank you for that as I'm now everyone's favourite person.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Say thank you to mom and donate to others or bring to work. I know you don't want to spread what you perceive as poison but honestly, people eat worse in their daily life than a bar of fun-sized Snickers.

Thank your coworker for the donuts. Be gracious, don't eat them. If asked, say you are under doctors orders to watch your insulin.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah- we had a client bring expensive pastries in and he went around and offered to everyone and made a big deal of it. I just said no thank you, and when pressed, mentioned gluten makes me very ill.

Your mom probably just enjoys sending you stuff and unless she is struggling for money, I'd just say thanks, mention you gaveit to some happy girl scouts and move on.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I would bring the unwanted sweets to work and leave it in the break room with a note: EAT ME. Or I'd bring it to the next potluck I go to. I guess having a non-primal boyfriend also comes in handy for these sorts of things. Our neighbor owns a bakery so he often brings by delicious treats. My boyfriend eats them all.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Halloween is coming - do you get trick-or-treaters? If you give them the snickers you have, then you need not buy another treat and put more money into the junk food companies. I think Mom sending Snickers is about her need to give you some warm fuzzies in a way SHE understands. Have you ever heard of the five love languages?

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    "That is sooo sweet of you! But, I am sooo sorry, I am on a doctor's orders not to eat any sugar."

Of course, next time they'll bring some fake-sweetened-overly-processed-chemical-poop for you...
    The day I use the doctors orders excuse will be the day I get ripped a new one here, I'm never done mocking my doctors conventional wisdom to colleagues!
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Actually, do you give out stuff to trick or treaters? Save them for Halloween.

Edited to add: I should read the replies before replying, I see someone beat me to it. XD It's still good advice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast