Thread: Sublingual Vitamin D? page

Nstocks is offline Senior Member

Sublingual Vitamin D?

Hello,

The post on MDA about vitamin D is 2 years old and I didn't really want to ask there, so I've decided to ask on here.

I'm thinking of taking a vitamin D supplement, after reading Practical Paleo and understanding the importance of it after reading about it more on MDA.

I see that there are basically 2 options (well 3 if you include the sun, but I don't get much sunlight)

Pill form or a sublingual spray which apparently reaches the gut better without being destroyed. (You simply spray it underneath your tounge)

Here's a link: Victoria Health : D Lux 3000 Spray

I think that the ingredients are fine, other than the sunflower lecithin and the potassium sorbate is of course questionable.

Which would you get? Of course the spray is more convenient but that doesn't mean it's better in all cases.

Thanks all,

Nathan

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    In order to get more control over my dose (since I often take high doses, 10,000-20,000 IU daily), I use it in dropper form. It's delivered in an oil, so it's more bioavailable (D3 is fat soluble and should be taken with fat for best absorption).

I think it depends on whether you would find the spray more convenient than capsules or drops. I like to add the drops to my water in the morning, since I drink water for other supplements anyway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Yaya76 is offline Junior Member
    I also take D3 in a dropper. I would also suggest find time to sit in the sun. I found out I have a Vitamin D deficiency
    and I make myself sit out in the sun everyday for 30 min or more. The sun is still blazing in Cali. It felt great today

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    I just started a D3 supplement but I got the capsule version. I am thinking now that I should have bought the dropper but it was more expensive. Also I felt like I could potentially over drop the dosage. I know it sound stupid but that's why I got the capsule. I just store it in the fridge to keep it fresh.

Living in Canada its not an option for me now to get sufficient sun. It is sunny out but you end up going out covered since its cold anyway.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I like the drops best. Easy to regulate the dosage and you can drop them straight into your mouth or mix into a drink.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaya76 View Post
    I also take D3 in a dropper. I would also suggest find time to sit in the sun. I found out I have a Vitamin D deficiency
    and I make myself sit out in the sun everyday for 30 min or more. The sun is still blazing in Cali. It felt great today
    Isn't it always blazing in Palm Springs? I'm in NorCal and visit your neck of the woods when it is cold and foggy up here. Can't complain today though 75 degrees and beautiful.
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

brandymerrit is offline Junior Member
    I think it depends on whether you would find the spray more convenient than capsules or drops

patsyruss is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Vitamin D has always been thought of as the vitamin needed in order for you to have healthy bones as it is required for the absorption of calcium.