Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do your kids eat in a day? page

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member

Question How much do your kids eat in a day?

Shop Now
    I was wondering if parents of kids in the age range of 9-14 would tell me the amount of food your kids typically eat each day.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I'm 15, male. I eat 4000-5000 calories a day. If it gets expensive: milk and rice
    Billie trips balls

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Oh boy. I remember being that age. I was a bottomless pit. Calorie tracking was the last thing on my mind though.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

For me it isn't.. I'll lose weight if I don't
    Billie trips balls

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Haha. I was a skinny 80 pound girl up until i hit my late teens so there's a difference there.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My guy is 4 and eats about 2000-2500 calories per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Haha. I was a skinny 80 pound girl up until i hit my late teens so there's a difference there.
    You were a cute little asian girl? Why can't you be my age right now
    Billie trips balls

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    I'm planning on calculating what my son eats on average as soon as I have the time to mess around with it. One thing I have noticed though the more carbs they get the more their hungry shoots waaaay up, and the less the get (eating more primal) their appetie goes waaaay down. Now I'm sure thats a blend of (1) them not enjoying it as much and therefore cravings are not there and (2) the fact that there sugar levels have stabled out.

Its hard getting kids to eat right roght when 95% of the populations is eating junk. You cant rally blame the kid.

sunsis is offline Member
    no idea but i ate like a horse and never gained a lb of weight. i think i weighed 45kgs and 174cm tall at 16. i was 50kg at 21, and women used to whisper my now husband while he sat at the bar i worked at (they didnt know he was my bf) that i was anorexic and he needed to buy me potato chips....if i had to guess, i would say i was eating approximately 3500 calories a day mostly garbage junk.
    my oh my how things change as you get older!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
    I was wondering if parents of kids in the age range of 9-14 would tell me the amount of food your kids typically eat each day.
    OK, my daughter is 12 and just a bit small for her age. She eats:

B: rice bubbles and yoghurt (I mix it 50:50 Greek:sweetened so it is less sweet but not so tart that she won't eat it).
    L: ham sandwich, apple, handful of nuts/grapes, slice of something such as cake or one of my truffle balls if I'm prepared.
    S: whatever she can lay her hands on, such as apple, maybe a muffin she made at school, a homemade smoothie or icecream again if I have it ready.
    D: meat and veges - a plateful almost the same size as mine.

Sometimes she'll have dinner leftovers for breakfast and seems to prefer them to her regular so i just need to be a bit more proactive here. She'll eat bacon and eggs or primal waffles if I make them. If there's cream around she'll find it and eat it.

Other people are forever plying her with cake, lollies and fizzy drink and she eats it. But not to excess, she doesn't really have that much of a sweet tooth and does like the taste of real food. If given whole packets of stuff (amazing how often this happens) or making a batch of something at school, we put it in a lunchbox in the fridge and she doles it out to herself one piece at a time for her school lunch or after school snack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast