Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAW uncooked Veggies page

pluMmet is offline Junior Member

RAW uncooked Veggies

Primal Fuel
    I stumbled on this Paleo very recently so maybe I've not read enough but to me it does not seem that Paleo promoters speak about a need to keep a 51% or more portion of uncooked raw veggies and fruit in the diet.

Did I miss it or is it not something that Plaoes' care about?

If they don't' care so much about it then I propose an off shoot to Paleo where it does.

We would just need a name for this fringe of the fringe movement. Any ideas on the name

pluMmet is offline Junior Member
    No responses... Well then I purpose the movement title of Paleo Puolustaa

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Most primal eaters here seem to feel their veg uptake is way up from when they ate SAD, certainly links to food pics show and abundance of plant based material. Although I don't most make a big deal of raw vs cooked.
    There are others here that say eating the WHOLE animal gets you all the nutrients you would ever need, just hard to do in this day and age.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pluMmet View Post
    No responses... Well then I purpose the movement title of Paleo Puolustaa
    How is that relevant?
    Finnish?
    Paleo Defense?

Whatever... now, start a Journal, a Thread in Nutrition, and go start a Blog and garner a following for your new special 50% RAW version of Paleo (complete with research to back up the reasons why it's 'better' of course)... and make a Million bucks, or just $10.

Get to work quick... or someone will sprout up a site with a different name but the same basis tomorrow and you'll end up doing all that work for naught!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Well, I try to have veggies with every meal. A lot of the time it's salad greens, which qualify as raw and uncooked. But I often have cooked veggies... it frees up the nutrients. I don't think there's any real NEED to eat uncooked veggies at all. But veggies in general, we do need.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Certain veggies taste better cooked along with some ground meat to soak up the juices, or sauted in coconut oil, or steamed with a pat of butter or some ghee on 'em. Others taste best in their raw state. Sometimes taste is the reason I would choose one method of consumption over the other.

Other times the consideration might be that certain benefits can only be obtained from a cooked veggie (lycopene in tomatoes as one example), or when consumed raw (certain nutrients degrade with heat).

This is why people should consume a good mix of uncooked vs. cooked veggies.

And to the people saying that oil or butter is necessary to promte the absorption of fat soluble nutrients, you can still eat the veggies raw. Just eat a good serving of fatty meat along with the veggies, or toss in an avacadoe or top with olive oil and bingo, the fats you need to get those nutrients. Even from raw veggies.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    If it tastes good raw, eat it raw. If not, cook it. Once you get into the whole, "Oh gosh, were 50% of my veggies raw today/this week/etc.?," you might as well go back to some pyramid. Okay, it's not that bad. Eat lots of plants, animals, and bugs. So simple, why complicate it?

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If it tastes good raw, eat it raw. If not, cook it. Once you get into the whole, "Oh gosh, were 50% of my veggies raw today/this week/etc.?," you might as well go back to some pyramid. Okay, it's not that bad. Eat lots of plants, animals, and bugs. So simple, why complicate it?
    I agree.

And to hijack the thread, I think the bugs part is one of the quite overlooked recommendations that Mark and others make. Where are we supposed to get good bugs though? Seems that the bait shop would be a bad choice just based on the stench that comes from the cricket bin.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    People are complicating things. Sigh. Just eat healthy and the micro details will take care of themselves. Honestly, people eat crap and survive on a CW diet. Just by doing paleo you are bring healthier than most. Don't let the tiny little pesky details and macronutrients complicate things. Food is for enjoying too, you shouldn't need a spreadsheet for your meals. Did grok calculate his daily folate intake and stuff. Hell to the no.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Yaya76 is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Drumroll.

My naturopathic doctor plans to start me on the primal/paleo diet next month. I've been doing some research on this lifestyle to see if it's something I'm even interested in doing. When I first started researching I thought "oh it's the raw food with meat on the side" lol. I have noticed a lack of veggie talk when it comes to this lifestyle. It seems like people only eat meat. I'm dealing with an illness, so I couldn't care less about losing weight. Which by the way I have lost weight by just changing my diet and focusing on being healthy. So, I will keep juicing and eating huge salads along with adding clean meats and healthy fats to my diet. Which I doubt is diffrent than how many primals really eat, it's just pics of bacon looks better lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast