Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Polyamoruous Love Sickness: Can This Be Primal? page 6

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think we've all established that the guy is in a less-than-ideal situation right now, people. Why do we need to impute bad intentions on him? These things happen--often not by choice or intent. The fact is he's in the situation he's in, it's not an easy thing to resolve, and he's looking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Option 5: Both women are attracted to each other, leaving male husband out of the equation. 'Buyer Beware'
    LOL.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Would it bother you if say a new guy on the block showed interest, friendly interest, in your wife and they struck up a tight relationship where they had serious conversations like yours with OW?
    Irrelevant
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Certainly not irrelevant

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Irrelevant
    totes relative, double standard reasoning was engaged
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    totes relative, double standard reasoning was engaged
    That was already addressed lazy poster
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The genetic predisposition of the male to want to spread his seed from sea to shining sea theory falls apart after the offspring are born. Human babies need their parents longer than just about any other animal on the planet. Therefore, it seems more logical that the predisposition would be to stay with one woman so he can make sure his offspring survive and grow into the adults than can spread his genes.

Sorry if that's off topic.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    That was already addressed lazy poster
    i'm not lazy, my eyes glazed after a while
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I think OW is probably going to hurt you in the end if you keep up your relationship with her (you are in a relationship). Cheated on and dumped by husband? Sleeping with multiple men while separated? Back with loser husband? She probably soaks up the attention she is getting from you and has the least to lose. If you wife is not the type to want to share you, then you owe it to her to distance yourself from OW and focus on your marriage. If you want to be with the OW then you need to end your marriage out of respect for your wife.

You can cut it off with OW. Saying you cannot because she is a neighbor is just an excuse in my book. No more intimate conversations. I also think you don't give your wife enough credit. She probably suspects something. I find it amazing that this has gone on for a few years. There is no way your marriage hasn't suffered and I feel bad for your wife, really.

Yes. You need to talk to somebody about how to work your way out of this with the least amount of damage. In this instance, you can't have it all from what you are telling us.

How is this related to Primal living I'll never know.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

jpatti is offline Member
    You fall in love because of the things you think. It doesn't "just happen," you have to consider the person, think about their good qualities, ruminate on how it makes you feel, etc.

In short, you DID do this to yourself, in your head.

If you want to retain the friendship with her, then stop doing it.

jpatti is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPistacchio View Post
    Ultimately, I confided in the OW because she is the one person other than my wife I feel close enough to talk to. It may have been poor judgement and I should have kept it to myself. Honestly I thought saying it out loud to her would result in enough ridicule for me to WANT to avoid her. I didn't expect it to be reciprocated.
    You were hoping though. And that she says her feelings are similar means... you are playing with fire here.

You are posting to a bunch of strangers, and telling us that you've got kindling spread throughout your living room, and you soaked it in gasoline, and you've lit a match, but you would NEVER actually burn your house down.

This is teenage girl stuff: that the feelings are overwhelming and you're just "swept away" by it all. You can't help yourself. I can see the same drama on an episode of the Vampire Diaries.

And just like a teenage girl who gets "swept away" by her feelings, you're in serious danger of ruining your life.

You will badly hurt your wife, you will hurt your children, you will hurt the OW's children and you'll wind up alone anyways. Cause if the OW has a lick of sense, she doesn't want another cheating bastard in her life, so starting a relationship there is pretty much going to doom it.

So... put the damned matches down... or let yourself be swept away because you couldn't help it.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast