Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Polyamoruous Love Sickness: Can This Be Primal? page 13

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    wow people - I head to bed last night totally up to date with this saga, then this morning BOOM........ 2 more pages !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    is it possible they had discussed this little emotional dalliance before you came forward?
    WTF, Are you telling this right ????? They talked about this BEFORE all this happened ????? Is this some sort of test ?????
    Are you just a wee pawn in a game that these two chicks are playing ?????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Yikes, good luck on the double-date! Sounds terrifying.

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPistacchio View Post
    Semantically correct. But then altruism isn't truly possible.
    exactly

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPistacchio View Post

The only new update is that my wife and OW are arranging a double date with me/wife and OW/douchebag for tomorrow evening. I'm terrified.
    that sounds like a totally horrible idea. is your wife a secret sadist?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    You know, If I ate popcorn, I'd be pigging out on it, reading this thread. Good thing... I don't, and I'm not.

Thoughts:

Good on you/your wife for discussing the issue.
    My husband and I are very open in our communications, and we also understand that "attraction" is basically a chemical reaction (hello, pheromones!), and means absolutely NOTHING. "Love" on the other hand, is all about wanting the other person to be happy, and is really big on self-sacrifice. Don't confuse the two.
    Should either of us have an attraction issue, we fess up to it to each other. Yes, it does happen. No, it is NOT a symptom of a marriage problem. The solution to it is generally distance, and/or open discussion with spouse, which can put it in perspective.

Once you keep "secrets" ... things tend to go downhill fast. Being discreet about dealing with uncomfortable feelings isn't necessarily "secrets", but at some point, getting that aired out will help.

Yes, it is perfectly possible to:
    A) Have "attraction" to more than one person at a time, and
    B) Love more than one person (ask any parent) at a time.

The question, therefore, is what is your priority? This would be a good focus for your counseling sessions, in my opinion.

I'm going back to not eating popcorn, now.

Sabre is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Except that what you are talking about doesn't work across the board for all members of the same sex.
    That's why it's called a generalisation. It's different from a blanket statement.

btw, any time someone brings credentials into a discussion like that, it makes them look silly. just a tip

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre View Post
    That's why it's called a generalisation. It's different from a blanket statement.

btw, any time someone brings credentials into a discussion like that, it makes them look silly. just a tip
    Making assumptions about people based on the set of genitals between their legs makes you look silly regardless of whether you want to call it a generalization or a blanket statement, people with credentials don't do it... unless they're shills.
    That was my point.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you know, i have to be honest, if my other set up a double date like that i'd be terrified too, and say 'no. no. nuh uh. no. NO. let's go have sex for a few days.'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    "@twa2w- if the women are getting more than the men, you can easily have 20 happy bonking women and 60 happy bonking men...your math-fu is weak "

All I can say to this is that there are three kinds of people in this world - those that can add and those that can't ;-)

I can't help people who are inumerate.

Sabre is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Making assumptions about people based on the set of genitals between their legs makes you look silly regardless of whether you want to call it a generalization or a blanket statement, people with credentials don't do it... unless they're shills.
    That was my point.
    How about this one: humans with penises between their legs tend to be stronger than humans with vaginas.

See? There's nothing silly about generalisations. They just make people upset.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast