Thread: Primal Blueprint - Slow Cooked Chicken Broth page

thebinman is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint - Slow Cooked Chicken Broth

Shop Now
    Hey guys, this is the next stop on my primal blueprint recipe journey. However, as a complete newcomer to cooking for myself, i'm a bit clueless with this one. First and foremost i don't own a slow cooker.

Can this recipe be done in a standard pot or can someone recommend an alternative, but equally simple primal chicken soup recipe. Thanks for all the help/suggestions.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebinman View Post
    Hey guys, this is the next stop on my primal blueprint recipe journey. However, as a complete newcomer to cooking for myself, i'm a bit clueless with this one. First and foremost i don't own a slow cooker.

Can this recipe be done in a standard pot or can someone recommend an alternative, but equally simple primal chicken soup recipe. Thanks for all the help/suggestions.
    no probs using a pot on the stove...low heat.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    no probs using a pot on the stove...low heat.
    When i take the chicken out to take the meat off the bone, do I leave the veggies in the pot or do I take them out? Also when the soup is done, can i eat the veggies in the soup?

Thanks

Also, one other question. It's been cooking for about 2 hours now, but alot of the broth has evaporated, so it's about 2 inches lower than when i started cooking. Should I add more water to the recipe?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I add more water. You can eat the veggies, but they will be pretty bland. I leave my veggies in until I'm ready to put my broth/stock into containers, then I strain the whole thing.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).