Thread: Newbie Oldie here page

Scottishlady is offline Junior Member

Newbie Oldie here

Primal Fuel
    Hi folks

I am newcomer to Primal ways - I have read quite a bit and bought books and am looking forward trying this out.

I like what I have read. I think I understand.

As with many others, I come from an overweight history - not much but still overweight.

Two questions so far.

Are there others that are older (wrong side of 50)? how goes the primal sprinting? is it easy to adapt?

Can it be done where the others at home dont wish to join in with the fun?

SL

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishlady View Post
    Hi folks

I am newcomer to Primal ways - I have read quite a bit and bought books and am looking forward trying this out.

I like what I have read. I think I understand.

As with many others, I come from an overweight history - not much but still overweight.

Two questions so far.

Are there others that are older (wrong side of 50)? how goes the primal sprinting? is it easy to adapt?

SL
    Welcome to your new lifestyle. It all can be done whether the family is on board or not. We are responsible for our own health. I'm just 'this side' of fabulous 50 --- it's just a number, though, isn't it? I was out walking/sprinting today. Get some decent shoes and take it easy if you haven't been active for a while. Fast walking lends itself to sprinting -- especially when you are eating well and feeling full of energy. Look forward to your progress. /lou
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Yeppers! I am over 50, also. I find that this is the best way for me to eat because I feel better. The sprinting isn't something I started out doing right away but, now, I can sprint away at least once a week.

Good luck and welcome!!!!

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    HI SL,
    I'm 48 and got started in February. One powerful thing about eating clean and sleeping well is that things like sprinting just seem easier on the body than when that body is stressed but a bunch of refined grains and sugars. In a matter of weeks I was feeling much younger, and started, gently, with the sprinting. Ease into it is my advice. I really didn't want to pull a hamstring or pop an Achilles tendon. Early on, if I felt the SLIGHTEST tightness or "twinge," I'd lay off for the day. I still make sure I warm up well. Once you get into it, though, you'll be glad-- there's nothing like it!

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Hi SL, welcome to the forum! Even if your family aren't on board you will start to get a lot of questions when they see your progress. I'm sure you'll convert them! :-)

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishlady View Post

Yes, I use a rowing machine for HIT exercise, yes and it takes a bit of won't power. I now have to "invade" my wife's kitchen to cook my morning omelette and do some other food preparation. She goes along with CW in all things health and foodie. OTOH, she likes that I have lost over three stone and am now off the blood pressure medications.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.