Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could you quantify your 50-100g carbs a day please? page 2

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    This is a day sample for me of carb 50g
    Plantain chips - 1 or 25 pieces serving - 30g - sometimes I use african yams but always try to keep the carb from starch at 30-40
    on days like these i rarely eat a veggie (I or 2 a week)
    3 eggs - *3g aprox
    some meat or fish grilled in oil.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You mean "qualify."
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    No, I believe the OP meant quantify. As in what is eaten and how much. I am also curious. What paleobluedots listed, I would eat in a meal. Just curious how others arrive at their carb count - not that I count but .
    Cheers
    J

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    If you don't want to go nuts recording and measuring stuff, and who really has time to spend hours on a computer entering stuff every day, you can generally stay under 100g easily by limiting dairy to 4 servings, eating no starchy veggies, having high moisture count veggies at every meal, and eating unlimited fat and protein. I personally cannot eat fruit at under 100 g a day, because I eat a lot of high-ish veggies like peppers, onions, mushrooms etc. FWIW, the South Beach Diet Phase 1 is about 100 g a day. Atkins induction is 20. Look at their menus for ideas. I did SBD for 10 years so I know how to live in the neighborhood of 100 g. If I want a treat I will have chocolate and wine or a very small sweet potato or some cooked carrots. At my age (65) I find if I try to eat starchy carbs every day and fruit every day, my pants get snug. That's just my body, of course. The only changes i made from SBD to Primal was to eliminate the artificial sweeteners and the low fat dairy. Oh, and got rid of PAM nonstick cooking spray, margarine, etc. and switched to real foods. I had three things to toss when I started the challenge last year:
    Sugar free Jello, a tub of frozen fake whipped cream, and a small bottle of canola oil.

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    here is a pdf of my macros at 20grams of carbs daily..macros.pdf with refeeds once a week...Idk like 3 bananas equals around 100grams of carbs. i big sweet potatoe is around 60 grams of carbs. 1/4 cup brown rice has like 36 grams of carbs...
    Started Primal November 20, 2011
    Slipped from Christmas-New Years
    January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
    Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

oxide is offline Senior Member
    When I did the Leptin Reset last winter I ate the same thing every day. Here is what 50 g carb looked like, mostly at lunch:

B: 1/4 ground beef in coconut oil, 1/2 cup cooked kale, 3 eggs.
    L: 1.5 cup chicken soup with sparse vegetables (small carrot, celery, turnip); 1/2 cup cooked green beans, 1/4 cup carrots, 1/2 cup berries for dessert.
    S: Bulletproof hot cocoa*, 3 oz canned salmon.

---------------
    *hot cocoa made with clarified butter and coconut oil. variant of bulletproof coffee.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I'm working on 1400calories/day. ie 1400C x 15% Carbs = 210, 210 divided by 4 (4calories /gm of carb) = 52gm
    My carb content
    1. 2 eggs = 1gm + 1 cup coleslaw = 15gm TOTAL 16gm
    2. coffee with milk = 3gm, 1/2 cup sweet potato = 29 gm, 4 eggs = 2gm, 1 cup brocolli TOTAL 47.6gm
    3. 2 eggs = 2gm, 1 large carrot = 7gm, 80gm kumara = 14gm, 2 cups brocolli = 26gm, 1/2 cup creram = 3gm TOTAL 51.2gm

plug into one of the macro counters, plan a couple of days breakdowns, print it off, and there you go.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    You mean "qualify."
    Beat me to it....

@twa2 OP has already quantified in his very question. 50-100g is the quantity of carbs he is asking about. He wants to know where you get them...i.e. how do we qualify the carbs or of what type are they.

But since you ask...basically I eat all veggies to taste ( a few servings worth/day) then maybe one apple OR some berries OR a potato and your usually sitting in the 50-100 range.....
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-08-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Here's a list I've made up of carbs in veg, the amounts are number of grams of carbs per 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of whatever:

cabbage, bok choy 2
    celery 3
    squash, summer 3
    radishes 3
    mushrooms 3
    chard 4
    cauliflower 4
    asparagus 4
    romaine lettuce 4
    spinach 4
    tomato 4
    zucchini 4
    cucumber 4
    cabbage, pointy 5
    cabbage, green 6
    sweet pepper 6
    broccoli 7
    Brussels sprouts 7
    cabbage, red 7
    peas, snow & snap 7
    eggplant 8
    green beans 8
    onions 8
    avocado 9
    squash, winter 9
    jicama 9
    celeriac 9
    rutabaga 9
    carrots 10
    kale 10
    artichoke 12
    sweet potato, medium 24
    yam 27

EmeraldRose is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Today's carbs:
    6oz greek yogurt- 13g
    6oz mushrooms- 6g
    1c spinach- 2g
    1 small granny smith apple- 15g
    4 squares 85% dark chocolate- 8g

The apple was kind of the extra. Usually there's more veggies involved.
    Journal

Starting: 207lbs | Current: 176lbs | Mini-goal: 172lbs | Ultimate Goal: 130lbs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast