Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Research that vegan diet is best and our ancestors were not big meat eaters page

eenu is offline Junior Member

Research that vegan diet is best and our ancestors were not big meat eaters

Primal Fuel
    So I am not new to this site or the diet, I have been following for well over a year now. I have had some health benefits. However, I have recently come across some evidence supported by a lot of medical research to show that the vegan diet is actually beneficial to us. The first video is long but worth watching. The second video is a leading anthropologist which backs up the first video. Would love to hear peoples thoughts!

Forks Over Knives | Uprooting the Leading Causes of Death

Starchivores: John A. McDougall, M.D. & Nathaniel Dominy PhD. - YouTube

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    11 views, 5 stars? I call shenanigans!

No there are no shenanigans, I am allowed to vote and did so.

EDIT: Thats pretty sad that we have users here that are so immature to vote down a thread just because someone voted it up! Or maybe its being voted down for a long time user actually presenting something new.....
    Last edited by eenu; 10-08-2012 at 06:13 AM.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I have a series of photos under primal success stories..... One of them is from when I was a vegan. Hint..... it's the one where I look really %$%^&* fat.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    LOL

Of course that's totally contradicted by the archaeological record. There ia also (real) research that correlates this ridiculous and anti-natural diet with a raft of problems ranging from mental illness to loss of menstrual cycle to demineralization of the teeth.

But, of course, the point here is not to seek for truth but to live in Nephelokokkygia.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eenu View Post
    No there are no shenanigans, I am allowed to vote and did so.

EDIT: Thats pretty sad that we have users here that are so immature to vote down a thread just because someone voted it up! Or maybe its being voted down for a long time user actually presenting something new.....
    Something New?...

If you had really been around here for any amount of time you would know that that info gets posted regularly (usually by trolls) and has been refuted, disproved & stomped to f*** to many times to count....

Something new... hehehee...
    *Dumps more butter on popcorn.*
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

fat or not, there is sufficient medical data that meat consumption is not good for us, nor is a prolonged low carb diet. I am a large meat eater, I am not a vegan at all for the record - I adore raw steak.

However, my background as a post doctoral researcher has also allowed me to gain the skills needed to interpret these papers/research, since for every good paper there are 5 BS ones. It also allows me to have good access to all the medical journals to read them for myself, since anyone can polish a turd. Having covered probably 80%-85% of the papers this guy references so far I can testify he isn't polishing turds and the data presented within is substantive enough to hold credibility.

I'm not saying that Mark's primal diet is wrong, hell I have been following it for just over a year. If you want to follow it because you think it works for you thats great. I call it 'Mark's Primal' diet however as there is enough evidence from world experts to suggest that meat was not a large component of 'groks' diet. But then that doesn't go on to mean that meat isn't good for you, since 'groks' lack of meat can be down to environmental conditions, ie lack of animals to hunt or lack of success in hunting it - compared to today where you pick it off a shelf.

However, there is a significant amount of data that proves that elimination any animal products has a significant and profound positive effect on your health. Personally I don't believe that it is as black and white as this. I believe the modern day food chain and the journey your food takes from animal to your plate plays a huge role, but I digress.

Mark is not a qualified medical professional, by his own admission he is only telling you what he has found works for him. On the flip side the two links above (and if you start clicking links you will go deeper) are from qualified professionals both medical and anthropological supported by decades of research from around the world - and they are not trying to sell you books or supplements. Check out Dr Greger's free site and watch some of the videos. I'm not saying he is right or wrong, but for me as a professional scientist/engineer, large experimental trials with proven data is a good basis for informed decisions.

Personally I am going to drastically alter my 'Primal' diet based on the last few months of research I have carried out. Meat is going to be drastically reduced to one good grass fed portion per week (I am considering elimination), a portion of fish, no eggs and I am also going to consider reintroducing a small amount of whole grains (this one needs more research). I am also going to eliminate dairy since I have experimented with that this last few weeks and it is definitely having adverse effects.
    Last edited by eenu; 10-08-2012 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

"LOL

Of course that's totally contradicted by the archaeological record. There ia also (real) research that correlates this ridiculous and anti-natural diet with a raft of problems ranging from mental illness to loss of menstrual cycle to demineralization of the teeth.

But, of course, the point here is not to seek for truth but to live in Nephelokokkygia."

Yes, there is. All of which are related to deficiency in Vit B12. But then being such an expert you will know that no animal or plant is capable of producing B12 only bacteria and archaea. Meat eaters tend to get B12 from animal meat due to its production from bacteria that lived within the animal, though studies show that this is probably still in to low a quantity than is really required. Hence why the american food gadgey's are looking to fortify foods with B12. Our 'grok' friend obtained most of his/her B12 when drinking from natural sources such as streams/rivers/wells so unless your hardcore and your drinking from any of those untreated sources, vegan or meat eater you'd still do well to supplement B12.

EDIT: Oh please share the archeological record that you mention that shows otherwise I would be interested to see it.
    Last edited by eenu; 10-08-2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Inserted quote

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    However, there is a significant amount of data that proves that elimination any animal products has a significant and profound positive effect on your health. Personally
    Well.... for me, it led to being stuck as a morbidly obese vegan that needed to kill myself with exercise to acheive a level of "regular" obesity.

I think vegetarianism *might* work if you can keep from falling into overeating sugar and grain products. If you can do that, hats off. Most can't.

Mark may not be a medical professional, but to be honest, I haven't been impressed by medical professionals advice. It straight up doesn't work for a lot of people and the accusation that you are somehow "out of control" or "lack willpower" is meaningless.

So what's better- morbidly obese veganism OR normal weight meateater?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast