Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Research that vegan diet is best and our ancestors were not big meat eaters page 6

eenu is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by pluMmet View Post
    Your too close minded to be tactful lol

And of course you did not mention any desire to understand the video I linked... you are just a troubled soul who is trying to spread his misery around... I guess it Vegan misery lol
    Well first I am posting in the research section of the forum, you know, the section where you are going to get challenges to the paleo way of doing things. To not challenge what your doing on a daily basis makes you a fool. I follow the PB, so I am challenging everything I have known for the last year +!

You don't see me posting in the main sections of the forum with anything similar, if your not capable of seeing anyone challenge the PB then don't view this part of the forum, simple. It has been made clear I have been an avid follower of the PB and have discovered this other view over recent months and have been studying it. It rubbishes a lot of the PB, apparently I have no suitable evidence and neither does anyone here so I guess no one is right!

No one has yet been able to explain how three major paleo type sites on the net all with apparently credible evidence, all with huge followings when combined and followed to the letter only allow you to eat coconut milk, berries and veggies.

As for your video, if you actually read you will see I acknowledged you and said I would watch it in the morning, it is mid evening family time here!
    Last edited by eenu; 10-08-2012 at 11:55 AM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eenu View Post
    Sorry, what does Michael Greger stand to gain by such 'propaganda'? His website is 100% free doesn't try and sell you books, DVDs or supplements like this one. So I fail to see what he is trying to achieve other than promoting with scientific backing something that he truly believes in. In fact for an american doctor to openly shun the food/farming corporations, US Gov administrations and drugs companies means he has more to loose than gain!

EDIT: @plummet and @canuck416, thanks for the links I will watch them in the morning
    Some people just get caught up in promoting their own pet projects and interests...

Also in case you had not noticed, in the popular media vegetarianism and even veganism are the *stars* these days... everyone promotes them... even the ever paid by corporate america Dr. Oz.

And how exactly does vegetarianism/veganism go against/"shun the food/farming corporations"?
    All it does it take the food out of the mouths of the fowl/beasts and put it more directly into ours...

We Primal/Paleo eaters quite frankly want the same thing... less CAFO meat.
    More natural meat production, cows fed grass etc.
    I don't consume dairy from a factory... but from local cows that graze on pasture.
    I eat the vast majority of my meat from wild, grassfed, pastured etc sources.

The issue with so many vegetable only diet proponents is that they only pick information and statistics out of research done on populations in which people eat CAFO meat fed GMO grains (and unnatural diet for the meat) and who eat GMO grains themselves), plus other highly refined and processed foods...

If you think veganism/vegetarianism is the best possible go do it.
    I disagree...
    And for good reason.
    I have family members who have done it and gotten sick.
    Once they went back to eating clean sources of meat instead of only plant proteins they lost weight and got healthy again. And their diabetes got under control...

And with my own medical conditions it would simply never work.
    Last edited by cori93437; 10-08-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

pluMmet is offline Junior Member
    I look forward to speaking with you after you have reviewed it.

Lewis is offline Senior Member

EDIT: Oh please share the archeological record that you mention that shows otherwise I would be interested to see it.
    Do your own research. It's not far to look:

Home - PubMed - NCBI

I was making fun of your absurdity not arguing with you, and I'm not going to hold your hand through a process of vainly trying to educate you.

No one has yet been able to explain how three major paleo type sites on the net all with apparently credible evidence, all with huge followings when combined and followed to the letter only allow you to eat coconut milk, berries and veggies.
    What 3 major paleo types?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

eenu is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And how exactly does vegetarianism/veganism go against/"shun the food/farming corporations"?
    All it does it take the food out of the mouths of the fowl/beasts and put it more directly into ours...

If you think veganism/vegetarianism is the best possible go do it.
    I disagree...
    First point, he has publicly denounced the FDA and showed how many food corporations are sat on the board, ie members of Coca-cola, maccy d's and farming associations. So he has gone anti establishment, anti corporation and anti drugs company. Thats going out on a pretty big limb in the US especially when your running a free website with no monitization. You only do that if you truly believe.

And the second point, I don't believe it is either. However, the more studies I read the more I question things. This thread was started to raise these questions. Instead of balanced reasoning and help to try and dismiss what I am reading with evidence, some have forcibly criticised me that I am going against the 'cause'.

I'm sure for every piece of evidence that says meat is good for you I can show you one that says it gives you cancer etc. As I have said, 3 paleo sites, follow them all religiously and they leave you with a vegan diet. So clearly there is no clear consensus or medical proof that paleo is king.
    Last edited by eenu; 10-08-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Do your own research. It's not far to look:

Home - PubMed - NCBI

I was making fun of your absurdity not arguing with you, and I'm not going to hold your hand through a process of vainly trying to educate you.
    And yes, there is much archeological record data that shows animal and fish bones as well as shells (clams, oysters, and such) in fire and refuse pits of ancient man...
    That seems to indicate not just the eating of delicious animal flesh, but the cooking of it as well.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Once again... WHAT 3 "major" paleo sites?

I can't find a single paleo site that says NO meat.
    Some disagree a bit over levels of fat, but that is splitting hairs.

So how do you reduce it to vegan?
    Last edited by cori93437; 10-08-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal is based on the hunter/gatherer lifestyle. Humans are omnivorous we eat it all, it is how are teeth are designed, our intestines etc. To think that ancient man would not hunt/ eat meat when presented seems a bit odd to me. They would also seasonal fruit, berries, tubers, nuts and whatever they can get their hands on.

A good read with some research links
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread4723.html
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60173.html
    and a lot more in Cordain's books etc

@ OP I notice you are now saying you should be allowed to raise questions, of course you should. This is all about questions but you raised a Vegan agenda without any supporting data.

PS Still waiting for some credible research from you!?!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i don't have patience for this nonsense. Lock up all vegans.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast