Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Research that vegan diet is best and our ancestors were not big meat eaters page 5

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eenu View Post
    MDA forums seems full of people with a cult like mind status that believe they and only they are right and the rest can just burn in hell.
    LOL and there it is folks!

There is a lot of evidence for Primal all you have to do is search many of the threads that link to studies that show the benefits of cholesterol in the diet, and the benefits of avoiding grains. They are all in the forum under different heading topics and all with links to studies.

BTW you are the one coming here starting this thread touting the vegan line so the onus is on you to provide valid and accurate research which you have failed to do.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

eenu is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    LOL and there it is folks!

There is a lot of evidence for Primal all you have to do is search many of the threads that link to studies that show the benefits of cholesterol in the diet, and the benefits of avoiding grains. They are all in the forum under different heading topics and all with links to studies.

BTW you are the one coming here starting this thread touting the vegan line so the onus is on you to provide valid and accurate research which you have failed to do.
    And yet your telling me to go and search for the information just like I told you the same thing. Except when I say it, its not good enough but when you do it is!? The links I provided on page one link to the website which is full of hundreds of videos each linked to relevant studies.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    And yet your telling me to go and search for the information just like I told you the same thing. Except when I say it, its not good enough but when you do it is!? The links I provided on page one link to the website which is full of hundreds of videos each linked to relevant studies.
    ROFL

I watched your videos as far as I could and the info from the 1st 7 min or so was wrong and/or misleading. You are making the argument you provide the evidence! You have failed to do either. You have not posted anything worth a refuting study as the information has been either misleading as per the videos or neutral to the one other video with links to abstracts you posted.

I provided links at the start regarding the China Study so your accusation is blatantly wrong. I and other have provided supportive studies to direct questions and/or conflicting research that needed a response in other threads and they are all part of the forum history.

Either make an argument supported by studies or go back to Veganville.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 10-08-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

pluMmet is offline Junior Member
    Did you even watch the video? The titles, authors and journals of all papers are displayed. From there you can use google to obtain the paper and read it for yourself. Same for the website, all paper info is clearly displayed and you can easily obtain the papers and read for yourself.
    What you did is like being a Redskins fan going into a Cowboys forum and talking about how great the Redskins are.. It's a bit insulting.

I myself have watched Forks over Knives... but have you watched this? Loren Cordain - Origins and Evolution of the Western Diet

If you are here to learn then you need to be informed about the practices of this website.

Please review the video and then return for an actual conversation.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Eenu...I think you will find this interesting.

The ancestral human diet: what was it and should it be a paradigm for
    contemporary nutrition?
    S. Boyd Eaton
    Departments of Anthropology and Radiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30327

http://www.gregdavis.ca/share/paleo-...yd%20Eaton.pdf

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    It's a bit like offering up bacon at a vegan convention... just not interested.

There are real health problems that arise from vegan diets... especially when people do low fat vegan.
    Eating meat is healthier than that by far...

And those videos are a bunch of silly, simplified, propaganda blurbs.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i havent watched any of the videos but i was a vegan/vege for many many years. i wasnt fat but i wasnt healthy, even tho i thought i was. i had a very bad sweet tooth too and low level mental health problems lol i think you are comparing apples with oranges, even comparing what grok may have ate to what we can get to eat today. fruit was different, veges were different, the air was different, soil bateria everything grew in was prob different, meat from farmed vs wild animals is different, the water we drink. life was totally different. the things i agree with about vegan is the eating of fresh produce. but all those healthy grains and legumes kinda leave me running for the hills. a junk food vegan diet based around soy is no more healthy than a SAD and i have yet to meet a vegan who really does just eat lots of healthy vegan food for long.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And those videos are a bunch of silly, simplified, propaganda blurbs.
    Sorry, what does Michael Greger stand to gain by such 'propaganda'? His website is 100% free doesn't try and sell you books, DVDs or supplements like this one. So I fail to see what he is trying to achieve other than promoting with scientific backing something that he truly believes in. In fact for an american doctor to openly shun the food/farming corporations, US Gov administrations and drugs companies means he has more to loose than gain!

EDIT: @plummet and @canuck416, thanks for the links I will watch them in the morning
    Last edited by eenu; 10-08-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluMmet View Post
    What you did is like being a Redskins fan going into a Cowboys forum and talking about how great the Redskins are.. It's a bit insulting.
    Its only insulting if your closed minded with blinkers on! You should accept no two people are the same, I don't get insulted when people tell me I am wrong to use a Mac instead of a PC (I am a die hard Mac addict). I don't get insulted when my gf tells me my paleo diet is BS - and yes Dirlot I do follow it - I just had a big bowl of chilli!

pluMmet is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Its only insulting if your closed minded with blinkers on! You should accept no two people are the same, I don't get insulted when people tell me I am wrong to use a Mac instead of a PC (I am a die hard Mac addict). I don't get insulted when my gf tells me my paleo diet is BS - and yes Dirlot I do follow it - I just had a big bowl of chilli!
    Your too close minded to be tactful lol

And of course you did not mention any desire to understand the video I linked... you are just a troubled soul who is trying to spread his misery around... I guess it Vegan misery lol

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast