Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Research that vegan diet is best and our ancestors were not big meat eaters page 4

eenu is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    When you combine the above with the blatant misinformation
    Such as?

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Misinformation, poor quotes, all bad and does not make for a good argument for veganism.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by eenu View Post
    Such as?
    The first 7 min of your first link...awful and already answered.

With all the time you spend posting here I am surprised you have not been able to find links to full articles.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 10-08-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I spent 7 or 8 years as a vegan.. a very careful, organic-only, balanced diet vegan. I followed raw veganism for awhile. I followed the "Engine 2 Diet".. I was very, very morbidly obese. My fibro was getting worse. My systemic inflammation markers were off the charts. I never slept, and my hormones were so f-d up, it was unbelievable.

Now, I'm down 60 lbs, and I can move again. My fibro is calm most of the time, my inflammation is drastically reduced, and I'm sleeping.

You can take your veganism and shove it, as far as I'm concerned.
    Out of interest, what supplements if any were you taking?

The first 7 min of your first link...awful and already answered.
    Well the reason I asked is because your post you link back to only has one bit of miss information according to you, Re Egg McMuffin. The rest you went on to say in a later post you agree with:

"If you take what he has said in the first 7 minutes is that vegetable based oils are bad, trans fats from vegetable oils are bad, grain and process foods fried in trans fat filled vegetable oils are bad. All of which I and everyone else here agrees with."

You proceeded this by saying this was misdirection and lies, so you have to excuse me for being confused.

Even the Vegan Society recognizes the lack of B12 in a vegan diet http://www.vegansociety.com/lifestyl...ition/b12.aspx

Links to articles from Veganism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ a b Mangels, Reed. "Vitamin B12 in the Vegan Diet", Vegetarian Resource Group, accessed February 1, 2011.

Johnson, Larry E. "Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)", Merck Manual Home Edition, August 2007, accessed February 2, 2011.
    Also see Norris, Jack. "Vitamin B12: Are you getting it?", Vegan Outreach, July 26, 2006, accessed February 4, 2011: "B12 is generally found in all animal foods (except honey). Contrary to rumors, there are no reliable, unfortified plant sources of vitamin B12, including tempeh, seaweeds, and organic produce. The overwhelming consensus in the mainstream nutrition community, as well as among vegan health professionals, is that plant foods do not provide vitamin B12, and fortified foods or supplements are necessary for the optimal health of vegans, and even vegetarians in many cases. Luckily, vitamin B12 is made by bacterial fermentation such that it does not need to be obtained from animal products."

Baby Breastfed By Vegan Mother Dies

Sounds healthy to me - not!
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Well the reason I asked is because your post you link back to only has one bit of miss information according to you, Re Egg McMuffin. The rest you went on to say in a later post you agree with:

"If you take what he has said in the first 7 minutes is that vegetable based oils are bad, trans fats from vegetable oils are bad, grain and process foods fried in trans fat filled vegetable oils are bad. All of which I and everyone else here agrees with."

You proceeded this by saying this was misdirection and lies, so you have to excuse me for being confused.
    I have always said a clean diet is best.

If you read my original post http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post973459 you would be far less confused.

He is mentioning a risk to heart disease and implying animal based fats are bad but the reality from the study I linked to is trans fats are all vegetable based or processed foods- face palm.

His information on Cholesterol was again wrong the current thinking where ratio is much more important than numbers.

If the video gets better and or more accurate please find a point and I will watch it.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 10-08-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Even the Vegan Society recognizes the lack of B12 in a vegan diet Vitamin B12 - The Vegan Society

Links to articles from Veganism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ a b Mangels, Reed. "Vitamin B12 in the Vegan Diet", Vegetarian Resource Group, accessed February 1, 2011.

Johnson, Larry E. "Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)", Merck Manual Home Edition, August 2007, accessed February 2, 2011.
    Also see Norris, Jack. "Vitamin B12: Are you getting it?", Vegan Outreach, July 26, 2006, accessed February 4, 2011: "B12 is generally found in all animal foods (except honey). Contrary to rumors, there are no reliable, unfortified plant sources of vitamin B12, including tempeh, seaweeds, and organic produce. The overwhelming consensus in the mainstream nutrition community, as well as among vegan health professionals, is that plant foods do not provide vitamin B12, and fortified foods or supplements are necessary for the optimal health of vegans, and even vegetarians in many cases. Luckily, vitamin B12 is made by bacterial fermentation such that it does not need to be obtained from animal products."

Baby Breastfed By Vegan Mother Dies

Sounds healthy to me - not!
    I already discussed this here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post973326

Just because TODAY a vegan diet doesn't give you B12 doesn't discredit that way of living. Clearly back in the day B12 would have been available as part of that diet. So the excuse of eating meat just because it gives you B12 is a bit of a bad argument.

Again, I am not a vegan myself!

I already discussed this here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post973326

Just because TODAY a vegan diet doesn't give you B12 doesn't discredit that way of living. Clearly back in the day B12 would have been available as part of that diet. So the excuse of eating meat just because it gives you B12 is a bit of a bad argument.

Again, I am not a vegan myself!
    You keep saying you are not a vegan, post poor studies to promote not eating meat, and rabbit on about how good the vegan lifestyle is with no evidence or research to show for it.

Enjoy and if you can find a study that shows it is good (over just avoiding processed foods) or a part of that video that is not misleading please post so we can take a look.

I wish you luck and as others have asked what is your point on posting here?.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 10-08-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    if you can find a study that shows it is good (over just avoiding processed foods) or a part of that video that is not misleading please do.
    I wish you luck and as others have asked what is your point on posting here?.
    As I already told you I will come back in a few days with the data and as for your last comment? yeah your right, why waste my energy. MDA forums seems full of people with a cult like mind status that believe they and only they are right and the rest can just burn in hell. On the flip side everyone that has come here to try and say I'm full of crap hasn't posted any scientific studies from recognised medical institutes to say otherwise!

So I could re-write your post to read:

"You keep saying you are eating optimally, but you post no studies to promote eating as you do, and you rabbit on about how good the paleo lifestyle is with no evidence or research to show for it.
    Enjoy and if you can find a study that shows it is good (over just avoiding processed foods) or a part of that video that is not misleading please do.
    I wish you luck and as others have asked what is your point on posting here?."

As I said a few posts back:

"One thing I do know though, if you come to this site and follow it without question your doing better than most. It would be foolish to think everything Mark says is correct though. Mark tells you to eat nuts, the Bullet proof exec tells you they are covered in mycotoxins. Who is correct? what do you eat? For every positive on a food there is a negative. I have studied three main sites that have huge followings on the net. If I religiously implemented them all, I would only eat coconut milk, vegetables and berries... All provide credible evidence and they all have dedicated followers.... Apply all 3 and you come out with a vegan diet.

So what do you do?"

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast