Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stabbing pain in toes page

madog is offline Senior Member

Stabbing pain in toes

Primal Fuel
    I've had this problem on and off over the past few weeks. I can be sat at my desk and suddenly I will get a sharp stabbing pain at my toes. It is only the right foot affected and is very infrequent. I do not recall injuring the foot which may have caused a trapped nerve....should I be concerend?

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Could be many many things, I'm sure if you look on t'internet you will find 4 dozen things that mean certain death, or you could just be sat funny. Does is go quick if you wiggle your foot or get up and walk around at but? It's probably nowt, but who knows.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

TigerBeard is offline Member
    Has your fruit intake increased significantly in the last few weeks? I had a stabbing pain in my toe when I ate significant quantity of acidic fruit (in my case, pineapple). Basically it was gout. If its only just happening, just cut back on the fruit/acidic foods.

Of course, it may be more serious, and if reducing your fruit intake doesnt help, see your doctor.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerBeard View Post
    Has your fruit intake increased significantly in the last few weeks? I had a stabbing pain in my toe when I ate significant quantity of acidic fruit (in my case, pineapple). Basically it was gout. If its only just happening, just cut back on the fruit/acidic foods.

Of course, it may be more serious, and if reducing your fruit intake doesnt help, see your doctor.
    That's the most likely culprit.

OP, things like that can be just about anything. I get pain in my toes when I eat wheat. They also get twitchy and crampy if I forget to take my magnesium.

I even had a scary problem with losing myscle control in my lower leg and almost falling quite often a while back. Turns out I was tying my high-top work boots too tightly.

Seriously, it can be anything. And it's almost always something minor.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    With me it was gout. I think I wasn't drinking enough water and too much coke zero.
    It was triggered by having one gin and tonic!!!!!

it could be the fruit intake as I'll just started having an apple, banana and an orange a day. it only last a few seconds then goes. Searching the t'interweb says I'm gonna die.... so thought I'd do a double check with some knowledgable bods, thanks for the replies

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madog View Post
    it could be the fruit intake as I'll just started having an apple, banana and an orange a day. it only last a few seconds then goes. Searching the t'interweb says I'm gonna die.... so thought I'd do a double check with some knowledgable bods, thanks for the replies
    You will know if you have gout. It is a terrible, tingling pain. I felt more embarrased telling people, my Dr said to just say it was a metatarsal injury.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    You will know if you have gout. It is a terrible, tingling pain. I felt more embarrased telling people, my Dr said to just say it was a metatarsal injury.
    Truth. I had it years ago, and it felt like I had a shard of glass stuck in the joint between my big toe and my foot. Seriously, before I figured it out, I was actually looking for the glass, figuring I had somehow stepped on some.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

TigerBeard is offline Member
    Mine was the classic "wake in the middle of the night, with a stabbing pain in the toe". Fortunately the consumption of pineapple late at night the night before made me wonder if it was related. I now treat fruit like coffee; none after 8pm.
    Embracing my inner Caveman since Sept 2012
    Start BMI: 31.9 (if include "bigbone" 10% allowance: 28.7)
    Start Waist: 40in

CW [06/Aug/13]: 198lbs. Current Waist: 36in. BF%: 19.6%. Various Calcs
    BMI: 29.2/26.3 BF%: 16.45% Naval Research BF Method

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    phew, I'm not gonna die. I had a session with the podiatrist and the bruising is due to a burst blood vessel. It would seem I may have done this by putting my foot under extreme pressure wuth the foot on uneven ground\floor After chatting, I recall a floor tile in the gym bending while I deadlifted. Some meatheads had been dropping weights (grrrr) and had buckled some floor panels....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast