Thread: Primal Cat Enrichment page

Westly is offline Senior Member

Primal Cat Enrichment

Hey there!!

Okay, so, I'm not the only one in my living area who's primal. My cat is as well. She loves getting bits and pieces of my primal meals, and she eats a non-grain kibble cat food, and likes to lick the gravy off of a grain-free wet cat food. (I don't know why she doesn't eat it, but...::Shrug?::

Here's the thing though. I think she's getting bored. No, not with the food, she loves that, but I think she needs more brain stimulation, because she's taken to yowling. I was recently dragging my laptop power supply over to me, and she was like "OOh! Thing!" and we played with it for about five minutes, then I fuzzled the crap out of her, and she's set to grooming herself.

But, I'm wondering, is there any enrichment I could offer her while I'm not here? I work a 9-5 and commute an hour and a half to get there, so I'm not here as much as I'd like to be for her. So, any ideas would be fantastical! I live with her basically in a studio (One room mate has dogs, and I'm sure she'd eat the dogs, and my Girlfriend is allergic to her, so she wouldn't be able to roam the whole house even after the dogs are gone)
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a garden? If so, you could get an outdoor enclosure that she could enter at will.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Those kitty climbing structures could totally be fabricated with discarded rugs and PVC tubing. Maybe make her something to climb around on/hide in, and include some dangley parts for her to play with.

My cat has also taken to yowling, but I think it's because she thinks she's alone (she does it when we've been in separate rooms for a while, or during the night).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't know if it's feasible, but you could get another cat. They will probably hate each other and spend a lot of time stalking each other, which will entertain them endlessly. It's what mine do.