Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Just my curiosity. How long have you been primal, AND.... page 7

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You can't honestly say what you will stick to for life when it comes to ways of eating. I thought I would of been eating VLC forever at one stage. What is working for you now may not be the same thing that works for you in a few years time.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I came here the long way. Started sugar free (but didn't replace the sugar with artificial sweeteners) in Jan 2011. In Aug 2011, I went on the leptin reset and gradually found the PB (the reset is paleo), so I use Aug 2011 as my start date. Will never eat crap again (the worst I eat is dark chocolate or occasionally a small amount of good quality ice cream).

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    I think the point she's making is that your numbers can get WORSE while you're losing weight because of the extra fat in your bloodstream.......

I'd hate for someone to start going really well on primal, only to quit because their numbers looked bad just because they were in the process of losing weight!! Honestly, if you're set on getting your blood checked, then go for it... but don't quit primal right away, no matter what the numbers say!
    This is what I was saying, though not sure if I did it in this thread.... a blood doctor told me that between 10 - 12 weeks, you have pretty accurate numbers, after a change in diet.

In any case, you might be right. If I am losing weight and feeling better, then that has to at least offset any negative stuff, I hope.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    trigs, fasting glucose (predictors of diabetes risk), and CRP (inflammation measure and a good predictor of disease) should all drop quickly on primal, LDL doesn't really predict much anyhow but shouldn't go up too much, and HDL (good stuff) usually rises, sometimes dramatically. That's the typical pattern anyhow.
    Get your LDL pattern type tested before / after, that's the test they are gradually moving towards. You want pattern A - big and fluffy, that's the good stuff.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    It's been about 2 and a half years for me. I occasionally eat things I know I shouldn't. Sometimes I'm more strict and other times more lenient, but this is definitely a way of life and I love it.
    11 months for me. And yes, I eat non primal foods once in a while. And I can tell how they make me feel. I see no reason why I wouldn't continue to eat real food, and avoid foods that make me fee like crap.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    This is what I was saying, though not sure if I did it in this thread.... a blood doctor told me that between 10 - 12 weeks, you have pretty accurate numbers, after a change in diet.

In any case, you might be right. If I am losing weight and feeling better, then that has to at least offset any negative stuff, I hope.
    Well see how you go Hopefully you'll see some improvements in your blood numbers as well as everything else!

I do agree that there's no point in sticking with something that isn't working for you, naturally, but so far you seem to be doing really well, and I'd hate for you to quit on it just because your cholesterol looks bad!

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing this for almost 4 weeks and I already feel like utter shite (hot and dizzy) when I eat more than a bite of anything containing processed carbs. So a primal (not paleo) WOE definitely feels like it's for life for me, nevermind that I've also busted through a 6mth fatloss plateau, have a normal appetite for the first time in my life and the dark circles round my eyes have mysteriously vanished....

Euphoric is offline Senior Member
    Technically, I haven't quite been truly primal, but about 60% or so. Would I like to be more? Yes. Forever? That would depend on how I react to it all.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567