Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just my curiosity. How long have you been primal, AND.... page 2

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Gave up most poisons about 3 years ago. Gave up legumes a few months later. Zero incentive to give it up or cheat
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I won't go back to processed foods. I may have pasta every xmas, and since I don't make my own pasta...

I like this way of living. I like food as something both beautiful and actually nourishing. I like the other non-food guidelines as a reminder to stay balanced in my pursuit of health. I like dinking around to see what makes me feel good and energetic.

In fact, the only thing I don't like about this way of living is that I can't just grab a po' boy or a pizza when I'm not in the mood to cook. But that's such a small thing.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Two years. Lost the last of 45 pounds while increasing energy and clearing up my skin, joint pain, gas, and more. I also eat some junk once in awhile, and pay for it knowing it's a drop in the bucket overall.

Remember that the doctor doesn't really know what good blood work is, you'll have to stay on top of that. His recommendations are just that. Your health is in your hands. Eat more bacon.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Ghshl is online now Senior Member
    I started around february-march (started reading mda around December, and started to make small adjustments, until I finally went all-in)

I don't expect to ever change my diet considerably, although I don't think I'll ever be 100% clean, as I like to be able to eat what people serve me. Since I cook for myself the vast majority of times, that seems ok to me.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating Paleo for most of this year (so ~9 months) but still haven't made the exercise portion a habit. I don't see myself ever going back to the way things were. As a matter of fact, I started a Whole 30 yesterday, right as I hit my weight loss goal.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I changed my diet around August 2011. I don't care what any lab tests tell me or what any doctor is going to say, I feel great, I know this is healthy. I will never quit a diet based on seafood, red meat and vegetables. I truly believe based on my own personal experience that the doctors are wrong, the lab tests are wrong, that eating this way restores health and eliminates depression.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    1 yr 3 months. This way of life has led me to alleviate a lot of my anxiety and depression. Stuff's not functioning as it should be right now, but I know this is the only way to treat it. If getting healthy means eating this way, that's how I'll eat for the rest of my life.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    For me it is for life, to be honest, even if my bloodwork comes back bad if I ever get a physical.

I found old pics of myself, I posted them under success stories. I can't go back to looking like that. I know it was the food choices, which were CW. I know CW failed me. Primal eating comes easy to me!

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    I started on july 21st of this year, 2 and a half months ago.
    I was already at the weight that I wanted to be at, so I didn't switch for the sake of weight loss.
    I felt that something was "off" with my diet, so I had myself tested for food intolerance/allergies, and lo and behold, I was found to be intolerant of grains, dairy, legumes, and certain fruits. I was eating those problem foods daily at the time, and had done so for many years.
    That made going primal an easy call for me. I will be eating this way for life.
    I don't look at it as "eating primal", per se. It's simply the way that I eat, and it's necessary for me to do so for optimum health.
    The great thing is that I love eating this way, and the fact that my allergist confirmed it as well makes it a win-win for me.

Timthetaco Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It'll be a year in November, and I'll continue for life.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast