Okay now, I am ready to start my journal. Background: I am 45, 5'4", female, have 3 kids that I homeschool. We have about 3 acres, 25 ducks and about 23 geese. Slowly, over the last couple of years, my weight has crept up to 159. That was this summer, when in August a friend linked MDA with a story about wheat. I kept reading. I thought about it some...I feel better when I have an egg for breakfast than when I eat cereal. My weight keep going up despite attempts to get it down. There is a good bit of science behind primal. This just made sense to me.

So, while my husband was away for a week, I started. I got the book and cookbooks from the library. I realized that "my" standard diet was easy to adapt - take out the rice and pasta, and my stir fries and curries still make a pretty good meal if I add in more vegetables. My oldest picked up the Primal Blueprint book and finished it before I could.

I am now down to 145, which is where I was for years before my weight went up the last couple of years. Those first 10+ came off easy, and have stayed off, despite a couple of few pounds gains that came after eating out. I think I need to cut the nuts and fruit mix that I have been snacking on, and do something like celery and salsa or such for my snacks. Overall, I love that I am not hungry.

My exercise is so-so. I am working on lifting my body, (and feed bags) and doing some running and sprints. Slowly working in more as I can, which is hard with the schedule of schooling my kids at home. One in particular needs a consistent schedule. I am trying to be more regular. Also a compounding factor is the fires in Western Washington that are making the air quality horrible. My sinuses hurt all the time from the little I am out side. I am praying for rain, for the people where the fires are, as well as for my health.

Today was not a great primal day.

B: Soft boiled duck egg, 2.5 sausage links
L: Walmart fried chicken breast. It made me feel sick. If I eat it again, I am not eating the skin.
D: Seafood medley with eggplant on pasta. I kept my pasta small. Broccli/Cauliflower salad
S: Fruit and Nut mix, almonds, not sure the portions (something I need to work on.)
E: Walked for about 10 minutes until my head hurt too much from the smoke.
Starting weight in July: 159
Weight this morning:146
Goal: 135 or less.