Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argh, my foot! Help! page

Wildrose is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Argh, my foot! Help!

My foot is just killing me. Can anyone help?

What's going on is, I think the problem started at my last training session. I was standing on one leg, on a sort of bench thing, and lowering myself to just touch the ground with my other leg. It was VERY hard. My trainer said she heard something go POP loudly but I didn't hear anything or feel anything, so we went on. I didn't feel a thing until the next morning.

Unfortunately, the next morning I could hardly walk. My right foot is absurdly tender in one particular spot, sort of the right side of my heel. I've had problems with my hamstrings before, but that's right in the back of my heel. This is differently placed, and the pain is different. It's a bad pain that makes me feel a little sick and it doesn't go away with a bit of stretching the way hamstring pain does. And it's hard to stretch without aggravating it. I've been icing it and trying to stretch it a bit, but it totally sucks. I wanted to go hiking today but not so much. Has anyone had this problem?

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    See a doctor!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I second a visit to the dr.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Doctor and then physical therapist. ASAP.

Expect that the Dr is going to ask for x-rays or an MRI.

TigerBeard is offline Member
    Go see a doctor... I had something similar. I was using an exercise bike, and my foot folded backwards. Momentary pain, then rest of session was OK. Next day couldnt walk or put any weight on foot. I had ruptured an ankle tendon. 10 months later it still aches if I overexercise; take care of them tendons!

Hope you are OK; it may only be a sprain - but I'm afraid an audible pop sounds like a tear/dislocation.

I wish I COULD see a doctor. It's Thanksgiving up here, everyone is closed but emergency, and I am NOT going to the emergency room. 8 hour waits for something like this are typical. But I'll go tomorrow. Thanks.

TigerBeard is offline Member
    If you cant go today, then please make sure you rest it fully; ie. as much as is possible, elevate, and have no weight on it. If it is torn, or part torn, then any unsupported stress on it may make it rupture completely. A partial tear heals much better than a full rupture. Hope you'll be OK. I know the agony you'll be in!

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Rest, Ice, Compress (do you have an ace bandage?), Elevate

Quote Originally Posted by TigerBeard View Post
    If you cant go today, then please make sure you rest it fully; ie. as much as is possible, elevate, and have no weight on it. If it is torn, or part torn, then any unsupported stress on it may make it rupture completely. A partial tear heals much better than a full rupture. Hope you'll be OK. I know the agony you'll be in!
    The weird part is, I was in agony when I wrote my first post, right after I got up... but after hobbling around for a while and making breakfast, the pain diminished considerably. And when I sat down for a while and iced it, the pain came back when I stood. I do hope that means it's only partially torn, or even just strained. I've also noticed that that foot is popping like crazy if I move it around, while the other isn't. And the pops don't necessarily hurt. Curious.

PrimalCon New York
    Definitely still go to the doctor.

I had a number of similar-sounding issues with my right Achilles - never more than small tears, but still enough to sideline me from any kind of "cardio" type thing for the better part of 3 months. Sometimes, it would feel good (before it got really bad), and so I would think "now I can do some jump rope..." and then (shocker) back came the pain!

But if you can walk on it, that's a good sign, as far as I can tell!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast