Thread: Mexican Chicken and Lime Soup page

Goldie is offline Senior Member

Mexican Chicken and Lime Soup

Shop Now
    Now that it's getting cooler here in the northern hemisphere, I've started dusting off my soup recipes. Here's a family favorite!

Mexican Chicken and Lime Soup

1-2 cups chicken, cut into bite sized pieces*
    1 Tbl. olive oil
    ╝ white onion, chopped
    1 tsp. minced garlic
    1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
    3 cups chicken bone broth
    2 limes
    ╝ tsp. oregano
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 small avocado, peeled and cubed
    Feta cheese for topping

Brown chicken in olive oil. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeno, sautÚ until veg is tender. Add chicken broth, juice from both limes (save 4 semicircles of lime for garnish), and seasonings. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in avocado cubes. Serve with lime and cheese for garnish.

*You can use already cooked chicken if you have some handy.

The last time I made chicken bone broth, I put some spicy peppers in the crock pot along with the bones; chili, jalapeno, anaheim, and habanaro. The broth was already spicy, but we like it that way!

I usually serve this with kale chips, sweet potato chips, or fried plantain on the side.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Yes! Soup time! Great recipe to use if you ever get colds, which of course we primal folks rarely do. But for our non-primal friends and family. "Mexican penicillin" I generally make it's Thai cousin, tom yum gai.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.