Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
The fear of injury plus feeling like I'm not strong or fit enough for crossfit has kept me from trying it. At least if it is free you can go to the first session and leave and never come back if you don't like it.
I think a lot of CF boxes will let you try out a class for free so you probably can try one too and not go back if you don't like it. I think you'll be fine at CF. There is very little pressure on women; everything is scalable. Most guys there appear to go in with the ability to do pullups, and I've not seen a single guy scale a pullup with a band so if you're a guy who can't do a pullup then you might feel kind of weird. But maybe all guys have the ability to do pullups regardless of fitness level? I don't know. I have a lot of trouble with pullups and bar work in general.

I have close to non-existent upper body strength, but I manage it anyway b/c everything can be scaled. I think you'd want a minimal amount of conditioning though; otherwise, CF would feel very hard for you, and you might not like it. I think if you can do 50 burpees without dying, you're good to go.

Omg, I love CF so much. I don't think I could ever stop. I was planning on moving back to my home state at the end of the summer, but I'm postponing the move b/c if I move, I'm going to be unemployed until I find a job there. (Don't have a job lined up.) But if I'm unemployed, I'll have to stop crossfitting b/c it's so expensive so I really can't justify paying for it without a job (even though I'll have some savings). So yeah, postpone important life event for CF. I must be losing it.