Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crock Pot Users! Need help figuring out the SIZE to purchase! page 2

Heatherly is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I love my large oval one for small jobs and big ones.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KWM View Post
    Go BIG -- my large crock is oval-shaped and will also handle tough cuts of meat, like shoulder roasts. Keep an eye out for large pots that are sold with a small pot "bonus."
    That is what I had, DH dropped the liner first time out of the gate... ugghh. So he felt bad and got me another one. A few months later, I messed that one up. So now I am using my smaller one. I keep forgetting to order new liners.

I made some yogurt in the smaller one the other day, and it was way too hot on warm. Killed my little guys. So I tried again, this time I put the crock liner on the warmer in the middle of my stove. Worked perfect
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I had a six quart that wasn't quite big enough for making stock so I bought a 7 qt one. The new one is great for stocks and some stews so I kept the smaller one for when I didn't need so much room.
    This. I got a 7 qt oval one when I broke my 6 qt oval. I cook for a farmer husband, 2 teenagers, an 8 y/o and myself. If I want ANY leftovers, I fill it. My next kitchen gadget is gonna be a 8.5 qt electric pressure cooker (I can't wait!).

Dynamo is offline Member
    Excellent! Thanks everyone for sharing! I did not get a chance to read the replies before I went out and bought one - I went with a 7 quart oval crock, so I am delighted to hear it was a good decision Again, thank you so much!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just wanted to tell y'all that slick deals is showing that Sears has an instore sale going on for a Hamilton Beach 4 quart slow cooker for $10.00. So, if you live near a Sears...

Link: Hamilton Beach 4-Quart Oval Slow Cooker $10 + Free Store Pickup - Sears.com Deals, Coupons and Promos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12