Thread: CRON-O Meter Lipid reporting oddity page

Catrin is offline Senior Member

CRON-O Meter Lipid reporting oddity

Primal Fuel
    I've taken to using CRON-O-Meter for tracking purposes, and I am curious about something I've noted.

Each day it tells me that I've had some insane amount of Omega 3 over Omega 6. For example, over just breakfast and lunch today it tells me that I've consumed 1000.6 grams of Omega 3 and 1 gram of Omega 6.

This is just nuts since I've only had 84 grams of fat so far today so something is very odd here indeed! Has anyone else noted this? I wish I could figure out how to copy the chart that shows the fat micro-breakdown but I can't seem to persuade my browser to allow me to do that.

I suppose it could "really" be counting mg rather than g, but that doesn't really make sense either. I just want to make certain I am not overlooking anything obvious before I click the "help" link.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I have never had that issue. I just looked at my totals from yesterday and all seemed normal.

Do you have any sort of other device to try posting your list from?

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Nope, I have not had that problem either. All of that appears completely normal. One thought, I know it's possible for people to submit their own food items there... did you add a food item and maybe make a mistake on the nutritional values in that area when entering it?

Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    Nope, I have not had that problem either. All of that appears completely normal. One thought, I know it's possible for people to submit their own food items there... did you add a food item and maybe make a mistake on the nutritional values in that area when entering it?

I post this from my computer, I don't have the Android version yet. Perhaps this will be a good time to do so. I just checked what few food items I've added, but none of them had Omega 3 information so I didn't add anything...curious. I just went back and looked at ALL of my entries (not that many of them), and they are all that bizarre. This just might be worth contacting them about, something odd is going on here. I use Windows 7, Firefox browser, nothing unusual there.

I figured it out and contacted CRON-O-Meter. The problem was with one of their foods, one of their egg entries showed 1000 grams of Omega 3 for 3 eggs - obviously that was far from correct and as I have eggs daily all is explained.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    that's weird, i have eggs daily as well and never have any problems. which egg entry were you using that is incorrect?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    that's weird, i have eggs daily as well and never have any problems. which egg entry were you using that is incorrect?
    Nature's Harmony Grade A Large eggs. I consume a LOT of eggs, so this explains why the tracker thought I was getting something like 9,000,000 times my Omega 6 - but the total fat was correct. The numbers are now reasonable.